Prerequisites for Texas A&M University College Station (TAMU)

Prerequisites do not have to be completed prior to application. Your School's Course Number Texas Common Course Numbering System (TCCNS)
Biology I with lab for Majors (3-4 hrs.)*** 111 1406
Biology II with lab for majors (3-4 hrs.)*** 112 1407
Microbiology with Lab (3-4 hrs.)*** 206, 351, or VTPB 405 2420 or 2421
Chemistry I with lab for majors (3-4 hrs.)*** 101 and 111 1411
Chemistry II with lab for majors (3-4 hrs.)*** 102 and 112 1412
Organic Chemistry I with lab (3-4 hrs.)*** 227 and (237 or 231) 2423
Organic Chemistry II with lab (3-4 hrs.)*** 228 and (238 or 234) 2425
Economics (macro preferred) (3 hrs.)*** 202 or 203 2301 or 2302
Calculus I (3-4hrs.)*** 131, 142, 147, 151, or 171 2413
Statistics (central tendency, significance, & correlation required) (3 hrs.)*** 302 (preferred), 303, 201, or 211 1342
Physics I with lab(non-calculus based or calculus based) (3-4 hrs.)*** 201 1401
Public Speaking (oral presentations required)*** 203 1315
If you have a bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited U.S. college or university prior to entrance into Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Pharmacy, you will be exempt from the following courses:
English Comp I (3 hrs.) 104 1301
English Comp II (3 hrs.) 203 (preferred) or 210 or 301 1302
Literature (3 hrs.) any lit. except 203 (2322-2333)
Humanities/Social Sciences (15 hrs.)* see * see*
* Humanities/Social Sciences: Courses may be selected from Anthropology, Communications (excluding Public Speaking above), Economics (excluding Economics above), Ethnic Studies, Family Living/Human Development, Geography, Government, History, Journalism, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, and Sociology. --- Note: Performing and Fine Arts (including Music), Physical Education, Foreign Languages, Computers, Religion, or similar courses will not meet this requirement.
**Must take course at another college
***Used in calculation of the pre-pharmacy grade point average (PPGPA)
Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), CLEP, and Dual Credit are accepted if on your accredited U.S. college or university transcript.
Courses older than seven years require approval.
Course numbers are subject to change and may differ from those listed.