Prerequisites for University of New Mexico (UNM)

Prerequisites do not have to be completed prior to application. Your School's Course Number Texas Common Course Numbering System (TCCNS)
Biology I with lab for Majors (3-4 hrs.)*** 201/201L (old #121L) 1406
Biology II with lab for majors (3-4 hrs.)*** 202/202L (old #122L) 1407
Microbiology with Lab (3-4 hrs.)*** 239/239L or 351/352L 2420 or 2421
Chemistry I with lab for majors (3-4 hrs.)*** 131L (preferred) or 121L 1411
Chemistry II with lab for majors (3-4 hrs.)*** 132L (preferred) or 122L 1412
Organic Chemistry I with lab (3-4 hrs.)*** 301/303L 2423
Organic Chemistry II with lab (3-4 hrs.)*** 302/304L 2425
Economics (macro preferred) (3 hrs.)*** 105 (preferred) or 106 2301 or 2302
Calculus I (3-4hrs.)*** 162 or 180 2413
Statistics (central tendency, significance, & correlation required) (3 hrs.)*** 145 1342
Physics I with lab(non-calculus based or calculus based) (3-4 hrs.)*** 102/102L or 151 1401
Public Speaking (oral presentations required)*** 130 1315
If you have a bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited U.S. college or university prior to entrance into Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Pharmacy, you will be exempt from the following courses:
English Comp I (3 hrs.) 101 1301
English Comp II (3 hrs.) 102 1302
Literature (3 hrs.) any lit. (2322-2333)
Humanities/Social Sciences (15 hrs.)* see * see*
* Humanities/Social Sciences: Courses may be selected from Anthropology, Communications (excluding Public Speaking above), Economics (excluding Economics above), Ethnic Studies, Family Living/Human Development, Geography, Government, History, Journalism, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, and Sociology. --- Note: Performing and Fine Arts (including Music), Physical Education, Foreign Languages, Computers, Religion, or similar courses will not meet this requirement.
**Must take course at another college
***Used in calculation of the pre-pharmacy grade point average (PPGPA)
Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), CLEP, and Dual Credit are accepted if on your accredited U.S. college or university transcript.
Courses older than seven years require approval.
Course numbers are subject to change and may differ from those listed.