Prerequisites for University of Texas El Paso (UTEP)

Prerequisites do not have to be completed prior to application. Your School's Course Number Texas Common Course Numbering System (TCCNS)
Biology I with lab for Majors (3-4 hrs.)*** 1305/1107 1406
Biology II with lab for majors (3-4 hrs.)*** 1306/1108 1407
Microbiology with Lab (3-4 hrs.)*** 2340/2141 or 2440 2420 or 2421
Chemistry I with lab for majors (3-4 hrs.)*** 1305/1105 1411
Chemistry II with lab for majors (3-4 hrs.)*** 1306/1106 1412
Organic Chemistry I with lab (3-4 hrs.)*** 2321/2221 (old 3324/3124) 2423
Organic Chemistry II with lab (3-4 hrs.)*** 2322/2222 (old 3325/3125) 2425
Economics (macro preferred) (3 hrs.)*** 2303 (preferred) or 2304 2301 or 2302
Calculus I (3-4hrs.)*** 1411 2413
Statistics (central tendency, significance, & correlation required) (3 hrs.)*** 2480 (preferred) or 2380/2182 1342
Physics I with lab(non-calculus based or calculus based) (3-4 hrs.)*** 1403 1401
Public Speaking (oral presentations required)*** 1301 1315
If you have a bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited U.S. college or university prior to entrance into Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Pharmacy, you will be exempt from the following courses:
English Comp I (3 hrs.) 1312 1301
English Comp II (3 hrs.) 3111 1302
Literature (3 hrs.) 2311-3337 (2322-2333)
Humanities/Social Sciences (15 hrs.)* see * see*
* Humanities/Social Sciences: Courses may be selected from Anthropology, Communications (excluding Public Speaking above), Economics (excluding Economics above), Ethnic Studies, Family Living/Human Development, Geography, Government, History, Journalism, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, and Sociology. --- Note: Performing and Fine Arts (including Music), Physical Education, Foreign Languages, Computers, Religion, or similar courses will not meet this requirement.
**Must take course at another college
***Used in calculation of the pre-pharmacy grade point average (PPGPA)
Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), CLEP, and Dual Credit are accepted if on your accredited U.S. college or university transcript.
Courses older than seven years require approval.
Course numbers are subject to change and may differ from those listed.