Faculty Publications and Patents
January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018
- Patel R, Hossain MA, German N, Al-Ahmad AJ. Gliotoxin penetrates and impairs the integrity
of the human blood-brain barrier in vitro. Mycotoxin research. 2018; PubMed [journal]
Impact factor: 2.854
- Al-Ahmad AJ, Patel R, Palecek SP, Shusta EV. Hyaluronan impairs the barrier integrity
of brain microvascular endothelial cells through a CD44-dependent pathway. Journal
of cerebral blood flow and metabolism : official journal of the International Society
of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism. 2018; 271678X18767748. PubMed [journal] PMID:
Impact factor: 4.929
- Sivandzade F, Prasad S, Bhalerao A, Cucullo L:NRF2 and NF-қB interplay in Cerebrovascular
and Neurodegenerative disorders: Molecular Mechanisms and Possible Therapeutic Approaches.
Redox Biol 2018 (in press)
Impact factor: 7.126
- Sivandzade F, Cucullo L: In-vitro blood-brain barrier modeling: A review of modern
and fast-advancing technologies. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 2018, 38(10):1667-1681.
Impact factor: 6.045
- Sifat AE, Vaidya B, Kaisar MA, Cucullo L, Abbruscato TJ: Nicotine and electronic cigarette
(E-Cig) exposure decreases brain glucose utilization in ischemic stroke. J Neurochem
Impact factor: 4.609
- Sajja RK, Kaisar MA, Vijay V, Desai VG, Prasad S, Cucullo L: In Vitro Modulation of
Redox and Metabolism Interplay at the Brain Vascular Endothelium: Genomic and Proteomic
Profiles of Sulforaphane Activity. Sci Rep 2018, 8(1):12708.
Impact factor: 4.609
- Kaisar MA, Sivandzade F, Bhalerao A, Cucullo L: Conventional and electronic cigarettes
dysregulate the expression of iron transporters and detoxifying enzymes at the brain
vascular endothelium: In vivo evidence of a gender-specific cellular response to chronic
cigarette smoke exposure. Neurosci Lett 2018, 682:1-9.
Impact factor: 2.16
- Ashraf-Uz-Zaman M, Sajib MS, Cucullo L, Mikelis CM, German NA: Analogs of penfluridol
as chemotherapeutic agents with reduced central nervous system activity. Bioorg Med
Chem Lett 2018.
Impact factor: 2.442
- Irons BK, Edwards KL, Chastain LM, Brown CD, Black RL, Seifert CF. Assessment of a
didactic ambulatory care pharmacy elective on student perceptions and subsequent performance
in an ambulatory care advanced pharmacy practice experience. Curr Pharm Teach Learn.
2018;10(9) - Accepted. *
H-index = 11
- Sigler MA, Congdon L, Edwards KL. An evidence-based review of statin use in patient
with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Clin Med Insights Gastroenterol. 2018; 11:1179552218787502.
H-index = 8
- Hall RG 2nd, Yoo E, Faust A, Smith T, Goodman E, Mortensen EM, Raza J, Dehmami, Alvarez
CA. Impact of Piperacillin/Tazobactam on Nephrotoxicity in Patients with Gram-negative
Bacteremia. Int J Antimicrob Agents (Epub ahead of print).
Impact factor: 4.25
- Hall RG 2nd, Yoo E, Faust A, Smith T, Goodman E, Mortensen EM, Felder V, Alvarez C.
Impact of total body weight on acute kidney injury in patients with gram-negative
bacteremia. Expert Rev Clin Pharmacol 2018;11:651-4. PMID: 29718754
Impact factor: 2.76
- Kochanek DM, Ghouse SM, Karbowniczek MM, Markiewski MM. Complementing Cancer Metastasis.
Frontiers in immunology. 2018; 9:1629. PubMed [journal] PMID: 30061895, PMCID: PMC6054933,
Impact factor: 6.429
- Kolev M, Markiewski MM. Targeting complement-mediated immunoregulation for cancer
immunotherapy. Seminars in immunology. 2018; 37:85-97. NIHMSID: NIHMS943398 PubMed
[journal] PMID: 29454575, PMCID: PMC5984681,
Impact factor: 7.206
- Hossian, A.K.M.N., Sajib, M.S., Tullar, P.E., Mikelis, C.M., Mattheolabakis, G. Multipronged
activity of combinatorial miR-143 and miR-506 inhibits Lung Cancer cell cycle progression
and angiogenesis in vitro. Sci Rep. 2018 Jul 12;8(1):10495.
Impact factor: 4.122
- Punganuru, S.R., Madala, H.R., Mikelis, C.M., Dixit, A., Arutla, V., Srivenugopal,
K.S. Conception, synthesis, and characterization of a rofecoxib-combretastatin hybrid
drug with potent cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibiting and microtubule disrupting activities
in colon cancer cell culture and xenograft models. Oncotarget 2018 May 25;9(40):26109-26129.
Impact factor: 5.008
- Drummond, R.A., Zahra, F.T., Natarajan, M., Swamydas, M., Hsu, A.P., Wheat, L.J.,
Gavino, C., Vinh, D.C., Holland, S.H., Mikelis, C.M.*, Lionakis, M.S. GM-CSF Therapy
in Human CARD9 Deficiency. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2018 Jun 8. pii: S0091-6749(18)30846-7.
doi: 10.1016/j.jaci.2018.05.025. *Co-corresponding author
Impact factor: 13.258
- Collar, A.L., Swamydas, M., O’Hayre, M., Sajib, M.S., Hoffman, K.W., Singh, S.P.,
Mourad, A., Johnson, M.D., Ferre, E.M.N., Farber, J.M., Lim, J.K., Mikelis, C.M.,
Gutkind, J.S., Lionakis M.S. The homozygous CX3CR1-M280 mutation impairs human monocyte
survival. JCI Insight 2018 Feb 8;3(3). pii: 95417. doi: 10.1172/jci.insight.95417.
Impact factor: N/A yet
- Sajib, M.S., Zahra, F.T., Lionakis, M.S., German, N., Mikelis C.M*. Mechanisms of
angiogenesis in microbe-regulated inflammatory and neoplastic conditions. Angiogenesis
2018 Feb;21(1):1-14. *Corresponding author
Impact factor: 5.253
Published Book Chapters/ Editorials/ Commentaries
- Irons B. Endocrine and Metabolic Disorders. In: Burke J, Cauffield J, El-Ibiary S, et al. eds. Updates in Therapeutics: The Pharmacotherapy Preparatory and Recertification Course, 2017 ed. Lenexa, KS: American College of Clinical Pharmacy, 2017:1-203-1-260.
- #62/532624 - Functionalized Pyridine Carbamates with enhanced neuroprotective activity (Paul C. Trippier)
- #62/458267 - Highly selective AKR1C3 inhibitors and methods of use therof (Paul C. Trippier)
- #62/422797 - Potent and selective peroxisome proliferator-activated Receptor beta/delta agonists (Paul C. Trippier)
- PCT/US2016 #036002 - Inhibitors of Mcl-1 as drugs to overcome resistance to BRAF inhibitors and MEK inhibitors (Sanjay K. Srivastava)
- WO2015120254 A1 - Disulfiram compositions and treatments for brain tumors (Kalkunte S. Srivenugopal)
- US 62/268,882. - Small molecule allosteric potentiators of peptidase neurolysin (Vardan T. Karamyan)
- #62/172,327 - Inhibitors of Mcl-1 as drugs to overcome resistance to BRAF inhibitors and MEK inhibitors (Sanjay K. Srivastava)
- # 62/189,377 - Formulations of piperlongumine for oral and topical application for prevention and treatment of melanoma (Sanjay K. Srivastava)
- #62026970 - Overcoming Chemotherapeutic Agent Resistance in Cancer by Inhibiting Mcl-1 (Sanjay K. Srivastava)
- US20140134241 A1 - WO2012129520A1 - TCR Mimic Antibodies as Vascular Targeting Tools (John Weidanz & Ulrich Bickel)
- WO2015095002 A1 - CA2932480 A1 - CN105916882AR - Anti-RON Monoclonal Antibodies as a Cytotoxic Drug Delivery System for Targeted Cancer Therapy (Ming-Hai Wang)
- WO2016049453 A1 - Cancer Treatment Utilizing SP-141 to Bind with MDM2 and Act as an Inhibitor of MDM2 Expression (Ruiwen Zhang & Wei Wang)
- WO2014210411 A1 - Histone deacetylase inhibitors and methods of use (Sanjay K. Srivastava)
- #61973672 - Overcoming vemurafinib resistance in metastatic cancers (Sanjay K. Srivastava)
- #62026970 - Overcoming chemotherapeutic agent resistance in cancer by inhibiting Mcl-1 (Sanjay K. Srivastava)
- WO2013067305 A1 - Media compositions for promoting bacterial and fungal growth (Mark Lyte)
- #61840751 - Histone deacetylase inhibitors and methods of use (Sanjay K. Srivastava)
- WO2013/074820 - Immunogenic tumor associated stromal cell antigen peptides and methods of their use. (WJ Storkus, A. Bose, JL Taylor, X Zhao, DB Lowe)
- US20090087517 A1 - WO2007052081 A3 - Bacterial growth enhancer (Mark Lyte)
- US20090118202 A1 - Compositions and methods of treating hypertension with tannin complexes (Thomas Thekkumkara)
- US20140065708 A1 - Antibodies as t cell receptor mimics, methods of production and uses thereof (Jon A. Weidanz)