TTUHSC HSC Relations
HomeHSC RelationsSECC

Frequently Asked Questions

Question Answer
If an employee is going to contribute by payroll deduction and the employee gets paid semi-monthly, from which paycheck will the contribution be deducted? Employees who are paid semi-monthly will have 1/2 of their designated monthly pledge to SECC deducted from each paycheck. The pledge year starts on December 1st, so the first deduction for employees paid semi-monthly will be their paycheck ending December 15th. Employees who are paid monthly will see their deduction on the January 1st paycheck.

The period for payroll deduction is from December 1 to November 30.  There is no overlap from previous pledge years.

When I choose to contribute as a payroll deduction, can I designate any state agency? Yes, there is a maximum of 9 charities within 3 charitable sub-groups (first two digits of the code). If you want to give to more than 9 agencies or more than 3 charitable sub-groups, you will need to complete another form for the additional groups and submit cash or a check for the amount on the additional forms. All donations must be separated by the first two digits of the agency code.
What if an employee wants to use the payroll deduction, but does not want to put his/her Social Security number on the form? The employee may use the Banner ID (R#) on the form.  R numbers are available on the employees payroll earnings statement.  We discourage use of Social Security numbers on any forms.
What is the smallest amount someone can donate on a payroll deduction transaction? $2.00 per month per agency code.
When will deductions be taken if someone only opts for the 9 month pay cycle? The deductions start with the January check and will continue until the 9 month commitment is concluded. If someone works January - May and then returns in September, the deductions will commence again with the September pay periods.
What is the minimum number of months allowable for a payroll deduction? Three months.
How do I find out who the coordinator is for my area? The department coordinators can be viewed by clicking on "Coordinators" and then "2011 Coordinators" on the navigation panel.
How are the funds distributed to the charities? Contributions made by state agency employees are distributed by the State Comptroller to participating federations, who ten send the funds along to their members. Each university distributes funds to federations through its own payroll system. At the local level, the Local Campaign Manager distributes the funds the same way. However, because it is almost impossible to account for donations lost through such things as an employee leaving or transferring, a percentage method is used to distribute funds. At the ends of each year's campaign, the percent of funds pledged to each charity is calculated.  Each charity then receives that percentage of what is eventually collected.  Undesignated pledges are shared will all participating charities using the same percentage.  Each charity also pays its share of the cost of running the campaign (printed materials, etc.) based upon the same percentage.