All submissions are handled through the iRIS system (see below for your specific campus iRIS system). If you have never accessed the system, please request an account at the log-in page and indicate "for animal use" as the purpose of the request.
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee (IACUC)
- DEADLINES FOR SUBMISSIONS, 3RD FRIDAY OF THE MONTH
- DETAILED LIST OF DEADLINES
- iRIS Protocol Form
This is a Word Document form, used as part o the submission process, that is considered a living document and must be used to submit a new study, amendment, Annual Status Report (ASR), or a 3 yr renewal in conjunction with the electronic form in iRIS. We are working towards revising the electronic form in order to move towards using it alone.
- Animal Records
- Antibody Production
- Assurance (PHS)
- TTUHSC Principles for the Ethical Care and Use of Animals
- Whistleblower Sign for Labs
- AVMA Guidelines on Euthanasia (June 2013)
- Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals
- PHS Assurances (under assured institutions)
- PHS Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals
- OLAW Guidance (Notices, FAQ's, Articles, and Commentary)