Sue Ann S. Lee, Ph.D.
1990 Bachelor of Arts: Special Education – Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea
1998 Master of Arts: Speech and Hearing Sciences – The Ohio State University, Columbus,
2003 Doctor of Philosophy: Communication Sciences and Disorders - The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX
- Infant speech production & perception
- Mothers’ speech & language inputs
- Phonological development and disorders in English- and Korean-speaking children
- Phonetic and phonological acquisition in Bilingual children
- Assessment and treatment for bilingual children
- Accent modification for second language (L2) learners
$ 148,500.00 National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD). R03
Program. Project Title: Phonetic Category Formation in Korean-English Bilingual Children.
Role: Primary Investigator
JOURNAL ARTICLES (PEER REVIEWED)
1. Lee, S., Davis, B., & MacNeilage, P. (2007). Frame dominance and the serial organization
of babbling and first words in Korean-learning infants, Phonetica 64, 217-236.
2. Lee, S., & Davis, B., & MacNeilage, P. (2008). Segmental properties of input to infants:
A study of Korean. Journal of Child Language 35 (3), 591-617.
3. Lee, S., & Iverson, G. (2008). Development of monophthongal vowels in Korean: Age and sex
difference. Clinical Linguistics and Phonetics 22 (7), 523-536.
4. Lee, S., & Iverson, G. (2008). Development of stop consonants in Korean. Korean Linguistics 14, 21-39.
5. Lee, S., & Gorman, B. (2009). Production of case particles in an English-Korean bilingual
child: Preliminary study. Communication Disorder Quarterly, 30, 167-177.
6. Lee, S., & Iverson, G. (2009). The cross-linguistic study of vowel production: Similarities
and differences of non-linguistic and linguistic factors. Speech Communication, 22, 523-536.
7. Lee, S., Davis, B., & MacNeilage, P. (2010). Universal production patterns and ambient language influences in babbling: Cross-linguistic
study of English and Korean-learning infants. Journal of ChildLanguag, 37, 293-318.
8. Lee, S., & Davis, B. (in press) Segmental distribution patterns of English infant- and adult-directed
speech. Journal of Child Language. doi:10.1017/S0305000909009568
9. Lee, S., & Iverson, G. (under review) Stop consonant of English-Korean bilingual children. Bilingualism: Language and Cognition.
1. Eckman,F., Iverson, G.K., Fox, R.A., Jacewicz, E., & Lee, S. (to appear). Perception and production in the acquisition of L2 phonemic contrasts. Recent Research in Second Language Phonetics/Phonology: Perception and Production, In M.A. Watkins, A. S. Rauber & B. O. Baptista (eds). Cambridge: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.