Dwayne Paschall Ph.D. CCC-A
1989 Bachelor of Arts in Communication Disorders - Baylor University - Waco, TX
1992 Master of Science in Communication Disorders (Audiology) - University of Texas
at Dallas - Dallas, TX
1995 Doctor of Philosophy in Human Development & Communication Sciences - University
of Texas at Dallas - Dallas, TX
BOARD CERTIFICATION/ LICENSURE
- Certificate of Clinical Competence - Audiology, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- License to Practice Audiology - Texas
- Registration to Fit & Dispense Hearing Instruments - State Board of Examiners in Speech
Pathology & Audiology
- Understand the monaural and binaural processes that allow both man and machine to
understand a single speech stream in the presence of other competing speech messages
- Develop computational models of speech stream segregation and speech enhancement
- Understand the role of non-classical auditory neurological centers & the cognitive
processes that support sensory and perceptual processing, especially in the auditory
Paschall, D.D. (2002). Multiple voice tracking system. United States Patent #6, 453, 284.
Paschall, D.D. & Baker, M. (2002). "Cerebellar responses to alternating tone sequences," Proc. of
2nd Joint IEEE Eng. Med. Biol. Soc. & the Biomed. Eng. Soc., 2004-2005.
Paschall, D.D. (2002). "The Academic, Clinical and Professional Development of Audiology," Speech-Hearing
Review, Invited paper, 3, 360-367.
Van Rooy, B., Wissing, D. & Paschall, D. (2003). "Demystifying incomplete neutralization during final devoicing," S. African
Linguistics & Appl. Lang. Stud., 21, 49-66.
Paschall, D.D. and Chandler, C.R. (2004). "The limited benefit of ANR headsets for improving speech
understanding in general aviation cockpits," Proc. Intl. Congr. Sound Vibr., 1863
Woods, A., Paschall, D., Gustafson, T., & Flores, L. (2006). "Evaluation of auditory processing skills in
multicultural populations: a critical review." NAFDA Journal, 1, 37-50.
Donham, R., Anderson, M. & Paschall, D. (2008). Interton Hearing Aid Technician Manual. GN Interton.