Lori Rice-Spearman MT(ASCP) M.S.
Associate Professor, Program Director
- 1986 Bachelor of Science (Clinical Laboratory Science) – TTUHSC - Lubbock, TX
- 1991 Masters of Interdisciplinary Science - TTU – Lubbock, TX
- Ph.D. College of Human Sciences, Applied & Professional Studies – TTU – Lubbock, TX
- Curriculum development in Clinical Laboratory Science and Diagnostic Molecular Science
that maximizes outcomes for the learner
- Strategic recruitment strategies that maximize enrollment potential in the laboratory
- Analysis and development of self-directed learning readiness in professional health
- Professional Development through service learning initiatives that prepare professional
students for practice.
Rice-Spearman, L. & Ericka Hendrix. Clinical Laboratory Science and Diagnostic Molecular
Science Learning Experiences to Maximize Outcomes. Clinical Laboratory Educators Conference
Rice-Spearman, L. & Redman, W. Laboratory Payment Policy: Past, Current, and Future
Implications in a Price Competitive Market. Texas Association for Clinical Laboratory
Science Annual Meeting April, 2008.
Rice-Spearman, L. & Lee, E. The Effects of Peer Tutoring on Outcomes Measures. Clinical
Laboratory Educator’s Conference February, 2008.
Rice-Spearman, L., Hendrix, H., & Tatum, T. Designing a 21st Century Molecular Diagnostic Program. Clinical Laboratory Educator’s Conference February,
Rice-Spearman, L. 2007 Parasitology, Mycology, & Virology and Laboratory Operations.
In J.D. Hubbard (ed.), A Concise Review of Clinical Laboratory Science 2nd ed, Williams & Wilkins, Malvern PA. in progress
Hubbard, J., Sawyer, B., & Rice-Spearman, L. A Profession with Honor. Clin. Lab. Sci.
Sawyer, B., Hubbard, J., & Rice-Spearman, L. Introducing Clinical Laboratory Science:
CLS students help shape the future. Clin. Lab. Sci. fall, 2006.
Rice-Spearman, L. 1996 Parasitology, Mycology, & Virology. In J.D. Hubbard (ed.), A Concise Review of Clinical Laboratory Science, Williams & Wilkins, Malvern PA.
Rice-Spearman, L. & H.S. Larsen (eds.) 1994, The Rotation Manual for Clinical Laboratory Science, Williams & Wilkins, Malvern PA.