Dawndra Meers Sechrist OTR PhD
Program Director, Master of Occupational Therapy Program
1990 Bachelor of Science: Physical Education - Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX
1994 Bachelor of Science: Occupational Therapy - Texas Tech University Health Sciences
Center, Lubbock, TX
2001 Master of Arts: Occupational Therapy (Education and Administration) - Texas Woman’s
University, Denton, TX
2006 Doctor of Philosophy: Family and Consumer Sciences Education - Texas Tech University,
BOARD CERTIFICATIONS/ LICENSURE
- National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. (1995)
- Texas License: Occupational Therapy (1995)
- Student Performance on Fieldwork
- Teaching Strategies (concepts mapping, generational differences, case mapping, Myers-Briggs
- Treatment Efficacy with clients with neurological impairments
Meers-Scott D, Taylor L, Pelley J. (2009). Teaching critical thinking and team-based concept mapping.
In PL Torres, RV Marriott (Ed.), Handbook of Research on Collaborative Learning Using Concept Mapping (Ch. IX). Information Science Reference.
Scott D, Taylor L, Pelley J. The use of concept mapping in integrative learning with allied
health profession students. In: Canas AJ, Novak JC eds. Concept Maps: Theory, Methodology, Technology. Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Concept Mapping. Vol. 2. San Josè, Costa Rica: University of Costa Rica; 2007; 244-247.