A Physician Assistant (PA) is a skilled health care provider who is academically and clinically prepared to practice medical skills under the supervision of a licensed physician. The PA is trained to take medical histories, perform physical examinations, order laboratory tests and imaging studies, assist in surgery, apply casts and bandages, make diagnoses, direct treatments, prescribe medications, treat minor injuries, provide pre- and postoperative care, as well as provide patient education and counseling. A PA may practice in many diverse medical settings in both urban and rural areas. See catalog page 81.
The Texas Tech University Health Science Center Physician Assistant Program is located in Midland, Texas on the campus of Midland College. The entry-level graduate program awards a Master of Physician Assistant Studies following 27 months of intensive academic and clinical training.
Admission requirements include:
- 66 semester credit hours of pre-professional coursework
- Cumulative GPA of a 3.2 overall; 3.2 in science prerequisites; and 3.2 in overall prerequisites
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Applicants must complete the secondary TTUHSC PA Supplemental Application as well as the CASPA application
- A baccalaureate degree is not required
- Application is made through CASPA
- Please send all application materials directly to CASPA
- The deadline to submit all applications is December 1st, 2013
Please click on the TTUHSC Online Merlin Application link to fill out the secondary TTUHSC PA Supplemental Application. Please read the Instructions for Completing the PA Supplemental Application very carefully.
Please send all updated transcripts directly to our office:
- TTUHSC School of Allied Health Sciences
Office of Admissions and Student Affairs
3601 4th Street MS 6294
Lubbock, TX 79430
Our mission is to offer primary care physician assistant students the best medical education and learning environment available and to uphold the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Mission of educating quality medical professionals to provide compassionate health care to the under served regions of Texas and beyond.
To learn more about this exciting and rewarding health care career, including admission requirements and details of the training curriculum, please follow the course page link to the left, or call the TTUHSC School of Allied Health Sciences Office of Admissions & Student Affairs at 806-743-3220 or the Physician Assistant Program in Midland at 432/620-9905.