Transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy Pathway
Admission to the Program
Eligibility requirements for admission to the Transitional DPT program are as follows:
- Either a Bachelor's or Master's professional degree in physical therapy from an accredited
physical therapy program within the United States.
- Licensed to practice physical therapy within the United States, with documentation
submitted with application.
- All official college transcripts: undergraduate, physical therapy program, any other
relevant university course work.
- Acceptable grade point average in university course work (3.0 minimum cumulative average
on a 4.0 scale)
- At least one supporting letter of reference from a current / former employer or a
- Resume listing professional experience.
- Essay defining the applicant's professional goals in 500 words or less.
The Application Process
Applications for admission may be submitted at any time. Students may begin the curriculum
in the Fall, Spring, or Summer semester.
Applicants must complete and submit the application for admission online at: http://www.ttuhsc.edu/sah/admissions/application.aspx
Additional application materials, such as letters of reference, university transcripts
and documentation of possession of a physical therapy license in the United States,
should be sent to the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Office of the
Registrar, 3601 4th Street, Stop 8310, Lubbock, Texas 79430. Applicants should understand
that fulfillment of the basic requirements does not guarantee admission.