Financial Aid Information
School of Medicine Tuition & Fees Academic Year 2015-2016
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year||Fourth Year|
|Books and Supplies||$1,835||$1,835||$1,835||$1,835|
|Housing and Food||$15,290||$13,761||$18,348||$16,819|
|Personal and Misc.||$5,650||$5,085||$6,780||$6,215|
|Step 2 Clinical Skills||NA||$520||$520||$2,000|
|Estimated Total Budget||$45,602||$43,519||$51,328||$53,205|
* These fees may not represent all costs incurred to students.
Appropriate fees are waived for students based on the services available on each regional campus. The above estimate is based on the average student enrolled in the School of Medicine.
- Visit the Office of Financial Aid
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Financial Aid.
- Complete the TTUHSC School of Medicine Scholarship Application.
- Complete your financial aid file early. Funds may be limited.
- Complete the FAFSA every year.
- Do NOT estimate your income. This will delay your financial aid award.
- You do not have to be accepted before you start applying for financial aid. On your FAFSA, list all the schools you are interested in.
- Know your credit worthiness. Alternative loan programs (NOT the Stafford or Unsubsidized Stafford Loans) require a credit check.
- Scholarships - Apply EARLY and OFTEN.
- Scholarship scams - If it costs something to apply for it, you don't want it.
- Visit http://www.FINAID.org - often. This site will lead you to FREE scholarship searches.
- Grants are typically federal or state money that DOES NOT have to be repaid.
- Scholarships are typically institutional, corporate or foundation funds that DO NOT have to be repaid.
- Loans are typically federal or state funds that MUST be repaid.
School of Medicine
Office of Financial Aid
3601 4th St.
Lubbock, TX 79430
Phone: (806) 743-3025
Fax: (806) 743-3027