Pre-Medical Enrichment Program (PEP)
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine will be hosting their annual Pre-Medical Enrichment Program (PEP) for undergraduate students who are interested in primary care medicine and rural health medicine.
This program is designed to produce well-qualified and competitive medical school applicants. Participants will gain admissions insight and acquire the tools necessary to become a competitive applicant. Opportunities include:
- Clinical and shadowing experiences
- Cadaver-based anatomy
- MCAT preparation
- Professional development
- Mock Interviews
- be a Texas resident
- have a minimum GPA of a 3.25 on a 4.0 scale; must be able to provide an official or unofficial undergraduate transcript from each school you have attended to verify grades
- have a minimum SAT score of 1050 or a minimum ACT score of 24; must be able to provide documentation to verify score(s)
- provide own transportation while attending.
- Have an interest in primary care medicine or rural health medicine.
- provide at least one letter of evaluation, preferably from a current or past professor or faculty member
The program duration will be May 28 through June 9. The program is FREE of charge. The deadline to apply and to submit all supporting documents is January 20. Applicants who are selected to participate in the Pre-Medical Enrichment Program will be notified by mid March through email. The applicatoin opens November 1 and must be completed by January 20.
For more information, please contact Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine Office of Admissions.
School of Medicine - Office of Admissions
Lubbock, TX 79430