Pre-Medical Enrichment Program (PEP)
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine will be hosting the second annual Pre-Medical Enrichment Program (PEP) for rising sophomores and juniors who are primarily interested in rural and family and community medicine.
This program is designed to provide enrichment sessions in the following areas:
- Admissions process
- How to write a personal statement
- Developing critical thinking
- Ethics, learning styles, professionalism, and leadership
The program will also include mock interviews and shadowing experiences. Participants will gain admissions insight and acquire the tools necessary to become a competitive applicant.
The program duration will be May 31 through June 10. The program is FREE of charge. The deadline to apply and to submit all supporting documents is May 15. Applicants who are selected to participate in the Pre-Medical Enrichment Program will be notified by mid May through email.
- be a Texas resident
- have a minimum GPA of a 3.25 on a 4.0 scale; must be able to provide an official or unofficial undergraduate transcript from each school you have attended to verify grades
- have a minimum SAT score of 1050 or a minimum ACT score of 24; must be able to provide documentation to verify score(s)
- provide own transportation and housing while attending.
- be from a rural community or West Texas area; must provide documentation verifying address (state ID, utility bill, etc.)
- provide at least one letter of evaluation, preferably from a current or past professor or faculty member
- Please email all documentation to: SOMADM@ttuhsc.edu
The applicatoin will open on 4/15/2016, please submit the application by following the link below.
Please complete application by May 15
If you need more information or have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
School of Medicine - Office of Admissions
Lubbock, TX 79430