Department of Anesthesiology
Mission, Vision, & Core Values
The Department of Anesthesiology at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center –
Lubbock in Lubbock, Texas, commits to provide the highest-quality anesthesiology and
perioperative care to its patients, offer exceptional educational opportunities for
residents, students and trainees, as well as other physicians, and advance knowledge
through innovative scholarship and medical research.
The Department of Anesthesiology at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center-Lubbock
will be recognized as a top-ranked general and subspecialty service, and a regional
leader in anesthesiology education and perioperative scientific research.
As we fulfill our Mission in pursuit of our Vision, we will:
- provide exemplary patient care;
- demonstrate respect and regard for patients’ needs that supersede self-interest;
- treat colleagues and co-workers with mutual respect;
- provide high-quality education and training for students, residents, other trainees
and allied health professionals;
- foster a harmonious environment to carry out quality clinical care, educational activities,
scholarly pursuits and administrative responsibilities;
- pursue collaborative endeavors in basic, translational and clinical science research;
- promote maintenance of clinical competence and professional development;
- support training and skills advancement of administrative staff.