Above, right, are Dr. Betsy Goebel Jones and Dr. C. Alvin Jones
receiving the Patient Care Award
for Outstanding Patient Education in a Residency Program
The responsibilities of the Division of Research in the Department of Family and Community Medicine include:
- Facilitating faculty and resident research
- Coordinating the Longitudinal Curriculum in Critical Thinking for the TTUHSC Family Practice Residency Program
- Coordinating cross-campus research projects
- Providing support for on-going projects, including IRB approval, data management, and scientific writing
- Seeking research grant support
- Developing presentation materials (slides, posters, graphics, visual aids, etc.)
- Maintaining records on research and scholarly activities
Personnel for the Division consists of Betsy G. Jones, Ed.D., Research Coordinator, and Katherine Chauncey, Ph.D., R.D, Director of Nutrition Services and Ron Warner, D.V.M., Ph.D. The Research Division meets monthly to discuss the status of on-going research and scholarly efforts, provide assistance where needed, and develop strategies for additional activities.
Click here for information about recent research and scholarly activities conducted by department faculty and residents.