MS3 Geriatrics Podcast Curriculum
Texas Tech MedCast Geriatrics Podcast Curriculum
MS3 Students, Family Medicine & Internal Medicine Clerkships
As you may know, TTUHSC publishes several podcast series in the Texas Tech MedCast, one of which--the Reynolds Geriatrics Series--is designed to supplment the teaching of geriatrics for medical students and residents. During your Family Medicine and Internal Medicine clerkship rotations, you will be expected to listen to eight podcast episodes, four in each semester, and to complete a testing and evaluation instrument. For the 2011-2012 year, these podcasts include:
Fall Series (FM or IM Rotation)
Spring Series (FM or IM Rotation)
How to Access the Texas Tech MedCast Reynolds Geriatrics Series
The Texas Tech Medcast can be accessed via three methods, through the iTunes Music Store, the TTU iTunesU site or the TTUHSC Department of Family Medicine website:
To access the series through iTunes or iTunesU:
- Download iTunes from www.apple.com & install it on your computer (Mac or PC)
- Find the MedCast by searching the Music Store with search terms texas tech medcast. Look for the Red Raider Doc logo above.
- Click "Subscribe" to the Texas Tech MedCast to get future episodes or "Get" to get previous episodes
- Load episodes onto an MP3 player or listen to them on a computer with speakers
To access the series through the TTUHSC Family Medicine website:
- Go to www.ttuhsc.edu/fammed. Select "Reynolds Geriatrics series" from the podcast series list at right.
- The podcasts can also be accessed directly through the following link: http:www.ttuhsc.edu/som/fammed/ttmedcast/gerseries/default.aspx
Geriatrics Podcast Testing and Evaluation
Family Medicine clerkships: You will receive an e-mail around Week 6 of your clerkship rotation, prompting you to complete the on-line instrument. Doing so will add extra credit points to your clerkship quiz grade.
Internal Medicine clerkships: You will receive an e-mail around Week 6 of your clerkship rotation, prompting you to complete the on-line instrument. Doing so will be counted as part of your OSCE grade.
For a printable version of these instructions, CLICK HERE.
To access the Spring Semester Testing and Evaluation Instrument, CLICK HERE
Questions about Geriatrics Podcasts: Contact Dr. Betsy Jones, FM Lubbock
email@example.com or 806-743-1100 x233