Family and Community Medicine
How to apply:
- The program receives applications solely through the Electronic Application Service
(ERAS) provided by the Association of American Medical Colleges. You can contact your
student affairs office for more information on how to apply through ERAS. For more
information about ERAS, go to: www.aamc.org/students/medstudents/eras/
- We require the following:
- C.V. (curriculum vitae)
- Personal Statement
- Three letters of reference
- Dean's Letter
- Medical School Transcript
- USMLE/COMLEX scores: No minimum score criteria, but we require all applicants to pass
each exam within the first two attempts, except the Clinical Skills(CS) portion of
Step 2, which must be passed on the first attempt.
- All of these can be transmitted through ERAS. Your medical school must be on the list
of schools whose graduates have demonstrated substantial equivalence of their education
approved by the Texas Medical Board. http://www.tmb.state.tx.us/idl/AF69D1F4-B9AF-5A6A-1BDB-08057C1C4D48 Additionally, it is required that all applicants meet the Texas Medical Board licensing
requirements prior to acceptance. Our university sponsors J-1 visas only.
- Once we receive your completed ERAS application, we will contact you to set an interview
date. Our deadline for application is December 1.
- If you are an international medical graduate (IMG), contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for application materials and requirements. All IMG's must be ECFMG certified
- To request more information about our program or the application process, please contact
our Residency Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Family & Community Medicine
Family Medicine Residency Program
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Lubbock, Texas 79430
Your interview at TTUHSC affords the best opportunity for us to show off our program
and for you to meet our residents and faculty and see our facilities. The interview
will allow you to become acquainted with our philosophy and practice for resident
education and for you to determine if this philosophy meets your needs. We will arrange
and pay for one night's lodging the night prior to your interview, if needed. Applicants
are encouraged but not required to attend a dinner with residents the night before
their interview if travel time permits, in your travel arrangements. Significant others/Spouses
and children are welcome to come.
The Interview Day
We try to provide a comprehensive yet enjoyable interview day. You'll meet with many
of our faculty, interact with current residents, and get to know our community. You'll
have plenty of opportunities to ask questions about our program.
We look forward to meeting you!