Family and Community Medicine
Stipend for 2009-10
- PGY1 $42,884
- PGY2 $44,284
- PGY3 $45,682
- Relocation allowance of $1250 per resident
- Health, Life and Dental Insurance for resident and immediate family
- Disability Insurance for resident Inpatient and Outpatient health care services
- Malpractice Insurance and Workers' Compensation Insurance
- Annual membership fees for TAFP and AAFP
- Parking spaces provided for residents in hospital parking lot
Residents are entitled to 4 weeks paid vacation during all three years
Continuing Medical Education
5 days and $1000 are granted each year to both PGY II and PGY III residents for approved
CME courses ACLS Certification is required and tuition is provided by the department
ATLS Certification is recommended and tuition is provided by the department.
Name embroidered white lab coats with laundry services are provided by the department
for each resident.
Residents are issued meal cards for use in the hospital cafeteria or physicians' dining
room while on rotations with in-house call.
On-call sleeping quarters are provided in the hospital for residents on duty overnight.
Digital beepers are provided to each resident by the department.
3 days excused leave provided during February for an annual Resident Retreat.