Lukman Tijani, MD
- Medical Director SWCC-UMC
- Cancer Liaison Physician SWCC
- Frankford Hospitals Philadelphia PA 2006-2007
- Abington Memorial Hospital Abington, PA 2004-2006
- Frankford Hospital Philadelphia PA 2004-2006
- Research Assistant, Albert Einstein Cancer Center Philadelphia PA 2005-2005
- Research Assistant, Albert Einstein Cancer Center Philadelphia PA 2004-2005
- Medical Director, SWCC-UMC University Medical Center, Lubbock, TX 2012-Present
- Cancer Liaison Physician, SWCC University Medical Center, Lubbock, TX 2011-Present
Post Doctoral Education:
- Clinical Research Fellow: Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, 2010
- Fellow: Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, 2003
- Resident: Albert Einstein Medical Center, 1998
- Resident: University College Hospital, 1988
- MD: University of Lagos, , 1998
- Ussavarungsi, K & Kim, M & Tijani, Lukman (2013) Skin Metastasis in a patient with Small-Cell Lung Cancer The Southwest Respiratory and Critical Care Chronicles, 1, 1, 35-38.
- Radhi, S & Alalawi, Raed & Mirandola, L & Yu, Y & Pandey, A & D'Cunha, R & Saadeh, C & Nguyen, Diane & Hardwicke, Fred & D'Cunha, Nicholas & Tijani, Lukman & Jenkins, Marjorie & Jumper, Cynthia & Chiriva-Internati, Maurizio & Cobos, Everardo (2012) Novel Tumor Markers in Non-small Cell Lung Cancer Detected Both in Serology and Tissue J Clin Oncol, S E21105.
- Mahipal, Amit & Tijani, Lukman & Chan, Kathryn & Laudadio, MaryAnn & Mastrangelo, Michael & Sato, Takami December (2012) A pilot study of sunitinib malate in patients with metastatic uveal melanoma. Melanoma research, 22, 6, 440-6.
- Chiriva-Internati, Maurizio & Pandey, A & Radhi, S & Kim, M & Saadeh, C & Tijani, Lukman & Chiaramonte, R & Jenkins, Marjorie & Cobos, Everardo & Jumper, Cynthia & Alalawi, Raed October (2012) Cancer testis antigens: a novel target in lung cancer International Reviews of Immunology, 31, 5, 321-343.
- Schutt, Robert & Bumm, K & Mirandola, L & Bernardini, G & D'Cunha, Nicholas & Tijani, Lukman & Nguyen, Diane & Cordero, Joehassin & Jenkins, Marjorie & Cobos, Everardo & Chiriva-Internati, Maurizio February (2012) Immunological treatment options for locoregionally advanced head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Int Rev Immunol, 31, 1, 22-42.
- The Case of a Hydrocele That Would Not Go Away American College of Physicians, Dallas, TX; November 2012.
- Novel tumor markers in non-small cell lung cancer detected both in serology and tissue American Society of Clinical Oncology, Chicago, IL; June 2012.
- Severe Pemphigus Erythematosus resistant to Systemic Corticosteroid Therapy Southern Society for Clinical Investigation, New Orleans, LA; February 2012.
- Detection of CTA in Lung Cancer Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, TX; 2011.
- Spirit of Service Award-Attending of the Month, University Medical Center, 2011.
- Medical Staff All-Star , University Medical Center, 2011.
- Excellence in Teaching, Albert Einstein Medical Center, 2002.
- Lambo Gold Medial , University of Lagos, Nigeria, 1997.
- Medical Hospitalist, 1990.
Selected Non-Credit Instruction Taught:
- Anemia 2011 - Present
- Blood Transfusions in bone marrow transplant patients - 2012
- Complications of Hematopoietic stem cell transplants - 2012
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplant - 2012
- Infections in Cancer patients - 2012
Date last updated: 4/14/2014