Joaquin Lado, MD
Texas Tech Pavillion
Return to Faculty Listing
- Fellowship: University of Chicago Hospitals
- Residency: Hospital Clinic Barcelona/Hospital Xeral de Galicia
- Medical School: University of Santiago de Compostela
- Undergraduate School: No information available
- Identification and Evaluation of Constitutively Active Thyroid Stimulating Hormone Receptor Mutations.
Joaquin Lado-Abeal, Leah R. Quisenberry, Isabel Castro-Piedras.
Methods in Enzymology. Volume:48419. Charper 19. ChapterID: 0001196834MIE978-0-12-381298-8. 2010
- Reduced adipogenic gene expression in fibroblasts from a patient with type 2 congenital generalized lipodystrophy.
Berta Victoria, José M. Cabezas-Agrícola, Blanca González-Méndez, Giovanna Lattanzi, Rosalba Del Coco, Lourdes Loidi, Francisco Barreiro, Carlos Calvo, Joaquin Lado-Abeal and David Araújo-Vilar.
Diabetic Medicine. Accepted manuscript online: 8 JUN 2010 12:00AM EST | DOI: 10.1111/j.1464-5491.2010.03052.x
- Thyroid hormone receptors are down-regulated in skeletal muscle of patients with Non-Thyroidal Illness Syndrome secondary to non-septic shock.
Lado-Abeal J, Romero A, Castro-Piedras I, Rodriguez-Perez A, Alvarez-Escudero J.
Eur J Endocrinol. 2010 Aug 24. [Epub ahead of print]PMID: 20736347
- Identification of a paired box gene 8-peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PAX8-PPARgamma) rearrangement mosaicism in a patient with an autonomous functioning follicular thyroid carcinoma bearing an activating mutation in the TSH receptor.
Lado-Abeal J, Celestino R, Bravo SB, Garcia-Rendueles ME, de la Calzada J, Castro I, Castro P, Espadinha C, Palos F, Soares P, Alvarez CV, Sobrinho-Simões M, Cameselle-Teijeiro J.
Endocr Relat Cancer. 2010 Jun 3;17(3):599-610.
- New insights into thyroglobulin pathophysiology revealed by the study of a family with congenital goiter.
Peteiro-Gonzalez D, Lee J, Rodriguez-Fontan J, Castro-Piedras I, Cameselle-Teijeiro J, Beiras A, Bravo SB, Alvarez CV, Hardy DM, Targovnik HM, Arvan P, Lado-Abeal J.
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010 Jul;95(7):3522-6.
- Regional decrease of subcutaneous adipose tissue in patients with type 2 familial partial lipodystrophy is associated with changes in thyroid hormone metabolism.
Lado-Abeal J, Calvo RM, Victoria B, Castro I, Obregon MJ, Araujo-Vilar D.
Thyroid. 2010 Apr;20(4):419-24.
- Identification and functional characterization of two novel activating TSH receptors mutants in toxic thyroid follicular adenomas. Castro-Piedras I, Lima L, Seoane R, Lado-Abeal J.Thyroid. 19: 645-649. 2009.
- Prevalence and functional analysis of SNP rs6647476(S107P) of the SLC16A2 gene in the male population of North-west Spain (Galicia). Ramón Lago-Lestón, María José Iglesias Fungueiro, Esther San-José, Carlos Areal, Adolfo Eiras, David Araujo-Vilar, Joaquin Lado-Abeal, Lourdes Dominguez-Gerpe. Clinical Endocrinology (Oxf). 70:636-643. 2009.
- Both pre-lamin A accumulation and low expression of adipogenic genes in peripheral subcutaneous adipose tissue of patients with type 2 familial partial lipodystrophy. D Araújo-Vilar, G Lattanzi, B González-Méndez, A Teresa Costa-Freitas, D Prieto, M Columbaro, E Mattioli, B Victoria, N Martínez-Sánchez, A Ramazanova, M Fraga, A Beiras, J Forteza, C Calvo, L Domínguez-Gerpe, J Lado-Abeal. Journal of Medical Genetics. Journal of Medical Genetics. 46(1): 40-48. 2009.
- F Palos-Paz, O Perez-Guerra, J Cameselle-Teijeiro, C Rueda-Chimeno, F Barreiro-Morandeira, J Lado-Abeal and the Galician Group for the Study of Toxic Multinodular Goitre Prevalence of mutations in TSHR, GNAS, PRKAR1A and RAS genes in a large series of toxic thyroid adenomas from Galicia, an iodine deficient area in NW Spain. European Journal of Endocrinology. 159(5):623-631. 2008.
- Identification of Molecular Mechanisms Related to Non-Thyroidal Illness Syndrome in Skeletal Muscle and Adipose Tissue from Patients with Septic Shock. Alfonso Rodriguez-Perez, Fernando Palos-Paz, Ellen Kaptein, Theo J Visser, L Dominguez-Gerpe, Julian Alvarez-Escudero, Joaquin Lado-Abeal. Clinical Endocrinology (Oxf). 68(5): 821-827. 2008.
- Two Galician families with Pendred syndrome: insights into clinical phenotypes through cellular, genetic and molecular studies. Fernando Palos, María ER García-Rendueles, David Araujo-Vilar, Maria Jesús Obregon, Rosa Maria Calvo, Jose Cameselle-Teijeiro, Susana B Bravo, Oscar Perez-Guerra, Lourdes Loidi, Barbara Czarnocka, Paula Alvarez, Samuel Refetoff, Lourdes Dominguez-Gerpe, Clara V Alvarez, Joaquin Lado-Abeal. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. 93(1):267-277. 2008.
- A novel phenotypic expression associated with a new mutation in LMNA gene, characterized by partial lipodystrophy, insulin-resistance, aortic stenosis and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. David Araujo-Vilar, Joaquin Lado-Abeal, Fernando Palos-Paz, Giovanna Lattanzi, Manuel Angel Bandin, Diego Bellido, Lourdes Dominguez-Gerpe, Carlos Calvo, Oscar Pérez, Alia Ramazanova, Noelia Martinez Sánchez, Berta Victoria, M Teresa Costa Freitas.Clinical Endocrinology (Oxf). 69: 61-68. 2008.
- Resting metabolic rate is reduced in some subpopulations of obese subjects. D. Araujo Vilar, LM Sarmiento, N Barros, AT Costa da Silva Freitas, A Ramazanova, J Lado Abeal, C Calvo, F Palos, L Dominguez. Obesity and Metabolism. 4: 22-27. 2008.
- Hyperglycaemic hyperosmolar non-ketotic state as a cause of low gonadotropin levels in postmenopausal diabetic women: a role for severe hypernatraemia. Joaquin Lado-Abeal, Monica Lorenzo-Solar, Ramón Lago-Lestón, Fernando Palos-Paz, Lourdes Domingez-Gerpe. Journal of Neuroendocrinology. 19(12):983-987. 2007.
- Mutations in the selenocystein insertion sequence binding protein (SBP)2 produce a thyroid phenotype. AD Dumitrescu, X-H Liao, SYM Abdullah, J Lado-Abeal, F AbdulMajed, LC Moeller, G Boran, Schomburg L, RE Weiss, S Refetoff. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 90(3): 1760-7. 2005.
- Gender differences in the neuroendocrine response to short-term energy restriction in non-human primates. J Lado-Abeal, JJ Robert-McComb, Xu-Ping Qian, R Leproult, E Van Cauter, RL Norman. Journal of Neuroendocrinology. 17(7):435-44. 2005.
- Subcutaneous administration of pulsatile GnRH decreases serum FSH and LH levels in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: a preliminary study. M Graña Barcia, JL Liz Leston, J Lado Abeal. Fertility and Sterility. 83 (5):1466-1472. 2005.
- Clinical and molecular study of five families with resistance to thyroid hormones. Med Clin (Bar). 2011. Jun 22. PMID 21703645.
- A Family with congenital hypothyroidism due to a combination of loss-of-function mutations in the TSH receptor (TSHR) and adenylate cyclase-stimulating G alpha-protein (GNAS) genes. Thyroid. 21: 103-109. 2011.
- Necrobacillosis Associated With Right Lower Extremity Thrombosis after Intravenous Drug UseSociety of General Internal Medicine. Phoenix. USA. 2011.
- Thyroid hormone receptors are down-regulated in skeletal muscle of patients with non-thyroidal illness syndrome secondary to non-septic shock, by a mechanism indeppendent of NF-KB pathway. 14th International Thyroid Congress. Paris. 2010.
- A family with congenital hypothyroidism due to a combination of loss-of-function mutations in the TSH receptor and adenylate cyclase-stimulating G alpha protein (GNAS) genes. 14th International Thyroid Congress. Paris. 2010.
- New insights into thyroglobulin pathophysiology revealed by the study of a family with congenital goiter. 14th International Thyroid Congress. Paris. 2010.
- Iodine induced thyrotoxicosis in a patient with coronary artery disease. Southern Society of General Internal Medicine. New Orleans. USA. 2010
- Identification of a Paired Box Gene 8- Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor (PAX8-PPAR ) rearrangement mosaicism in a patient with an autonomous functioning follicular thyroid carcinoma bearing an activating mutation in the TSH receptor. ENDO09. Washington. June 2009.
- Molecular basis of non-thyroidal illness syndrome”. “Basic Symposia –Thyroid- THYROID BASIC” . 11th European Congress of Endocrinology. Estambul. 2009.
- New mutations demonstrate intracellular iodine retention in Pendred syndrome. 10 European Congress of Endocrinology. Berlin. 2008
- “Molecular bases of benign thyroid nodules”. Joint Meeting SEEN/SPEDM Lisboa. Portugal. 2008