- Associate Professor
- Medical Director Electrophysiology Services
- Associate Professor, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 2013-Present
- Assistant Professor, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 2008-2013
- Medical Director, Electrophysiology Services University Medical Center, Lubbock, TX 2008-Present
Post Doctoral Education:
- Fellow: University of Kansas, 2008
- Fellow: Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 2007
- Resident: Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 2004
- Intern: Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 2002
- Post Doc Fellow: Baylor College of Medicine, 2001
- MD: Universidad Anahuac, 1997
- Perez-Verdia, Alejandro February (2014) Heart Health, "The Doctor is in" Latino Lubbock Monthly Magazine, 8, 2.
- Panikkath, R & Nugent, Kenneth & Perez-Verdia, Alejandro (2012) Atrial fibrillation after inhalational lung injury: a troubling complication of a rare problem. Case report med, 302057.
- Cevik, Cihan & Nugent, Kenneth & Perez-Verdia, Alejandro & Fish, R (2010) Prophylactic implantation of cardioverter defibrillators in idiopathic nonischemic cardiomyopathy for the primary prevention of death; a narrative review. Clinical Cardiology, 33, 5, 254-60.
- Perez-Verdia, Alejandro & Rodriguez, Sandra & Cevik, Cihan & Nugent, Kenneth (2010) The Association Between Cardioverter Defibrillator Shocks and Heart Failure: A Review of Pathogenesis and Management Nova Publishers.
- Cevik, Cihan & Perez-Verdia, Alejandro & Nugent, Kenneth (2009) Inplantable cardioconverter defibrillators and their role in heart failure progression Europace, 11, 6, 710-5.
- Twiddler Syndrome - A Rare But Lethal Clinical Entity New Oerleans, LA; February 2009.
- Surgical Isolation for the Treatment of Atrial Fibrillation May 2007.
- Non-Hemodynamic Factors to Development of Hypertrophy after Traansplantation: A Potential Role for TNF Alpha November 2000.
- Reversible Dystrophin Abnormalities in Patients with Non-familial Dilated Cardiomyopathies: Obseervations in Patients with Chronic Mechanical Unloading November 2000.
Selected Contracts and Grants:
Thyroid hormone effects on cardiac function in a pig model of congestive heart failure. 2012-2013
Awarded by TX Tech Univ HSC
in the amount of $20,000
- Attending of the month, University Medical Center, 2009.
- Medical Staff All Star award, University Medical Center, 2009.
- Resident of the month, University Medical Center, 2006.
- Resident of the year, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 2003.
- Resident of the Month, University Medical Center, 2003.
Selected Scheduled Teaching:
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly of Atrial Fibrillation - Fall
- Perioperative Management of Patients with Implaintable Cardiac Electronic Devices -
- Congestive Heart Failure - Spring
- Syncope - Spring
- Sudden Cardiac Death - Fall 2012
Date last updated: 3/11/2014