- Associate Professor
- Medical Director Respiratory Care
- Associate Professor, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 2009-Present
- Private Practice Decatur, TX 2002-2009
- Assistant Professor, Baylor University Medical Center, Dept of Medicine Dallas, TX 2000-2002
- Private Practice, Internal Medicine and Pulmonology, East Texas Physicians Alliance, LLP Palestine, TX 1989-2000
- Staff Physician, Palestine Regional Medical Center Palestine, TX 1989-2000
- Medical Director, Respiratory Care Covenant Medical Center-Lakeside, Lubbock, TX 2013-Present
- Medical Director, Respiratory Care Texas Specialty Hospital, Lubbock, TX 2013-Present
Post Doctoral Education:
- Fellowship: Peter Bent Brigham Hospital, 1983
- Resident: Peter Bent Brigham Hospital, 1980
- MD: Harvard Medical School, 1978
- BS: Massachusetts Inst Technology, 1974
- Berdine, Gilbert & Lehn, J & Drazen, J Nonuniformity of canine lung washout by high frequency ventilation 61, 1388-1394.
- Yang, Shenping & Berdine, Gilbert July (2014) Categorical Data Analysis- Logistic Regression 2, 7, 51-54.
- Berdine, Gilbert July (2014) Medicine and Health Policy: Supply and Demand: Government Interface with the Unhampered Market in the U.S. Health Care 2, 7, 21-24.
- Berdine, Gilbert & Yang, Shenping April (2014) Linear Regression 2, 6, 61-63.
- Edriss, H & Berdine, Gilbert April (2014) Pulmonary Function Testing 2, 6, 56-60.
- PARATHYROID ADENOMA WITH SEVERE SYMPTOMATIC HYPERCALCEMIA AND IMPAIRED KIDNEY FUNCTION Southern Society for Clinical Investigation, New Orleans, LA; February 2014.
- CXR Challenge: Teaching Radiograph Interpretation Via the Internet AAMC, San Francisco, CA; November 2013.
- Is the Sinonasal Questionnaire a useful screening instrument for chronic sinonasal diseases in pulmonary clinics Southern Society for Clinical Investigation, New Orleans, LA; February 2011.
- Steroids induce hyperglycemia in patients with acute exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease Southern Society for Clinical Investigation, New Olreans, LA; February 2011.
- Outstanding Clerkship Educator, TTUHSC, 2014.
- Outstanding Clerkship Educator, TTUHSC, 2012.
Selected Scheduled Teaching:
- MS1 Lecture - Pulmonary Mechanics-Dynamics - 2014
- MS1 Lecture - Pulmonary Mechanics-Statistics - 2014
- MS1 Lecture Pulmonary Mechanics - 2014
- MS1 Lecture Pulmonary Review - 2014
- MS1 Lecture Ventilation-Perfusion Relationships - 2014
Selected Non-Credit Instruction Taught:
- Pulmonary Inpatient Consultation Service 2012 - Present
- Pulmonary Attending 2011 - Present
- Pulmonary Inpatient Consultation Service 2009 - Present
- The Hippocratic Oath: Medical Ethics Then And Now - 2013
- The Normal Distribution - 2013
Date last updated: 8/28/2014