- Associate Professor
- Medical Director Respiratory Care
- Associate Professor, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 2009-Present
- Medical Director, Respiratory Care Covenant Medical Center-Lakeside, Lubbock, TX 2013-Present
- Medical Director, Respiratory Care Texas Specialty Hospital, Lubbock, TX 2013-Present
Post Doctoral Education:
- Fellowship: Peter Bent Brigham Hospital, 1983
- Resident: Peter Bent Brigham Hospital, 1980
- MD: Harvard Medical School, 1978
- BS: Massachusetts Inst Technology, 1974
- Yang, S & Berdine, Gilbert January (2015) Poisson Regression 3, 9, 61-64.
- Berdine, Gilbert January (2015) The Hippocratic Oath and Principles of Medical Ethics 3, 9, 28-32.
- Yang, S & Berdine, Gilbert September (2014) Non-parametric tests 2, 8, 63-37.
- Berdine, Gilbert September (2014) Pulmonary Embolism in Patients with Chronic Lung Disease 2, 8, 68-69.
- Berdine, Gilbert September (2014) So-Called Market Failure in Health Care 2, 8, 35-37.
- PARATHYROID ADENOMA WITH SEVERE SYMPTOMATIC HYPERCALCEMIA AND IMPAIRED KIDNEY FUNCTION Southern Society for Clinical Investigation, New Orleans, LA; February 2014.
- CXR Challenge: Teaching Radiograph Interpretation Via the Internet AAMC, San Francisco, CA; November 2013.
- Is the Sinonasal Questionnaire a useful screening instrument for chronic sinonasal diseases in pulmonary clinics Southern Society for Clinical Investigation, New Orleans, LA; February 2011.
- Steroids induce hyperglycemia in patients with acute exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease Southern Society for Clinical Investigation, New Olreans, LA; February 2011.
- Outstanding Clerkship Educator, TTUHSC, 2014.
- Outstanding Clerkship Educator, TTUHSC, 2012.
Selected Scheduled Teaching:
- MS1 Lecture - Pulmonary Mechanics-Dynamics - 2014
- MS1 Lecture - Pulmonary Mechanics-Statics - 2014
- MS1 Lecture Pulmonary Mechanics - 2014
- MS1 Lecture Pulmonary Review - 2014
- MS1 Lecture Ventilation-Perfusion Relationships - 2014
Selected Non-Credit Instruction Taught:
- Pulmonary Inpatient Consultation Service 2009 - Present
- The Hippocratic Oath: Medical Ethics Then And Now - 2013
- The Normal Distribution - 2013
- Annual Review of Internal Medicine Lecture - 2012
- COPD - 2012
Date last updated: 2/23/2015