Jose Figueroa, MD
- Director SWCC Clinical Research Section
- Medical Director Southwest Cancer Therapy and Research Center
- Staff Physician, Covenant Medical Center & Covenat Women & Children's Hospital Lubbock, Texas 1998-2012
- Staff Medical Oncologist, Joe Arrington Cancer Research & Treatment Center Lubbock, Texas 1998-2012
- Senior Staff Physician, Scott & White Hospital and Clinic Temple, Texas 1994-1998
- Staff, Cancer Therapy & Research Center San Antonio, Texas 1993-1994
- Director, SWCC Clinical Research Section UMC, Lubbock 2012-Present
- Medical Director, Southwest Cancer Therapy and Research Center UMC, Lubbock 2012-Present
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, Texas 1998-2012
- Director, Research Program Joe Arrington Cancer Research & Treatment Center, Lubbock, Texas 1998-2010
- Vice-Chair, Multidisciplinary Thoracic Oncology Meetings Coventant Health System, Lubbock, Texas 2000-2010
Post Doctoral Education:
- Fellowship: University of Texas, 1993
- Residency: Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 1990
- MD: University of Puerto Rico, 1987
- BS: Universidad De Puerto Rico*, 1983
- BSC: University of Puerto Rico, 1983
- Chiriva-Internati, Maurizio & Mirandola, L & Yu, Y & Cannon, M & Chapman, C & Chiaramonte, R & Figueroa, Jose & Rahman, R & Jenkins, Marjorie & Grizzi, F & Cobos, Everardo & Kast, W Cancer Testis Antigen Sperm Protein 17 as a New Target for Breast Cancer Immunotherapy Clinical Cancer Research.
- Chiriva-Internati, Maurizio & Mirandola, L & Yu, Y & Kim, M & Jenkins, Marjorie & Figueroa, Jose & Cobos, Everardo & Jumper, Cynthia & Alalawi, Raed Selective expression and immunogenicity of the cancer/testis antigens SP17, AKAP4 and PTTG1 in non-small cell lung carcinoma: new candidates for immunotherapy Clinical Cancer Research.
- Grizzi, F & Franceschini, F & Biccari, S & Hermonat, P & Mazzola, P & Nguyen, Diane & Radhi, S & Figueroa, Jose & Cobos, Everardo & Annoni, G & Chiriva-Internati, Maurizio March (2013) Mast Cells and the Liver Aging process Immunity & Ageing, 10, 1.
- Chiriva-Internati, Maurizio & Cobos, Everardo & Figueroa, Jose & Grizzi, F January (2013) Translational Medicine, Biomarker Discovery and Tumor Complexity Translational Medicine, 3, 1.
- Colombo, M & Mirandola, L & Platonova, N & Apicella, L & Basile, A & Figueroa, Jose & Cobos, Everardo & Chiriva-Internati, Maurizio & Chiaramonte, R January (2013) Notch-directed microenvironment reprogramming in myeloma: a single path to multiple outcomes Leukemia.
- Chemokine receptors as novel targets of the oncogene Notch1 in acute lymphoblastic leukemia American Society for Clinical Oncology, .
- Notch receptors promote human multiple myeloma cell growth in vitro and bone marrow invasion in vivo through the CXCR4/SDF1 axis American Society for Clinical Oncology, .
- Selective expression of the Sp17/AKAP4/PTTG1 in NSCLC for detection and therapy American Society for Clinical Oncology, .
- Cancer/testis antigens for immunotherapy and detection of multiple myeloma American Association of Cancer Research, April 2013.
- Phase I pharmacokinetic, dose-escalation study of EZN-2968, a novel hypoxia-inducible factor-1 alpha (HIFa) messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA) antagonist in patients with solid tumors. ASCO, 2010.
Selected Contracts and Grants:
- Excellence Award, Covenat Health System, 2009.
- American Cancer Society Research Grant, American Cancer Society, 1993.
- Cancer Research Award, Institution, 1993.
- Oncology Fellowship Award, American Cancer Society, 1992.
- Alpha Honor Medical Society Award, Alpha Omega, 1985.
Selected Scheduled Teaching:
- Breast Cancer-specific Tumor Board - 2013
- Clinical Research Protocol - 2013
- General Tumor Board - 2013
- Monthly Oncology Morbidity Mortality Review Presentations - 2013
- Oncology Consult Service - 2013
Selected Non-Credit Instruction Taught:
- Advances in the Treatment of Malignant Melanoma - 2003
- 2. Treatment of Unresectable Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer - 2000
Date last updated: 11/19/2013