Jose Figueroa, MD
- Medical Director
- Associate Professor
- Director SWCC Clinical Research Section
- Medical Director Southwest Cancer Therapy and Research Center
- Medical Director, Southwest Cancer Center Lubbock, TX 2012-Present
- Associate Professor, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 2012-Present
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 1998-2012
- Staff Physician, Covenant Medical Center & Covenat Women & Children's Hospital Lubbock, Texas 1998-2012
- Staff Medical Oncologist, Joe Arrington Cancer Research & Treatment Center Lubbock, Texas 1998-2012
- Director, SWCC Clinical Research Section UMC, Lubbock 2012-Present
- Medical Director, Southwest Cancer Therapy and Research Center UMC, Lubbock 2012-Present
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, Texas 1998-2012
- Director, Research Program Joe Arrington Cancer Research & Treatment Center, Lubbock, Texas 1998-2010
- Vice-Chair, Multidisciplinary Thoracic Oncology Meetings Coventant Health System, Lubbock, Texas 2000-2010
Post Doctoral Education:
- Fellowship: University of Texas, 1993
- Residency: Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 1990
- MD: University of Puerto Rico, 1987
- BS: Universidad De Puerto Rico*, 1983
- BSC: University of Puerto Rico, 1983
- Cobos, C & Figueroa, Jose & Mirandola, L & Colombo, M & Sumer, G & Figueroa, A & Aulakh, A & Konala, V & Verma, R & Riaz, J & Wade, R & Sadeeh, C & Radhi, Saba & Nguyen, Diane & Jenkins, Marjorie & Chiriva-Internati, Maurizio & Cobos, Everardo (2014) The role of human Papilloma Virus (HPV) Infection in Non-Anogenital Cancer and Promise of Immunotherapy: A Review International Reviews in Immunology, 4.
- Mirandola, L & Yu, Y & Cobos, Everardo & Figueroa, Jose & Jenkins, Marjorie & Chiriva-Internati, Maurizio (2014) Anti-Galectin-3 Therapy: A new chance for multiple myeloma and ovarian cancer? International Reviews in Immunology, 4.
- Chiriva-Internati, Maurizio & Mirandola, L & Yu, Y & Kim, M & Jenkins, Marjorie & Figueroa, Jose & Cobos, Everardo & Jumper, Cynthia & Alalawi, Raed (2014) Selective expression and immunogenicity of the cancer/testis antigens SP17, AKAP4 and PTTG1 in non-small cell lung carcinoma: new candidates for immunotherapy Chest.
- F, Arnaboldi & A, Menon & F, Di Renzo & Mirandola, L & Grizzi, F & Figueroa, Jose & Jenkins, Marjorie & Barajon, I & Chiriva-Internati, Maurizio (2014) Sperm Protein 17 is as Oncofetal Antigens: a Lesson from a Murine Model International Reviews in Immunology, 4.
- Grizzi, F & Franceschini, F & Biccari, S & Hermonat, P & Mazzola, P & Nguyen, Diane & Radhi, S & Figueroa, Jose & Cobos, Everardo & Annoni, G & Chiriva-Internati, Maurizio March (2013) Mast Cells and the Liver Aging process Immunity & Ageing, 10, 1.
- Chemokine receptors as novel targets of the oncogene Notch1 in acute lymphoblastic leukemia American Society for Clinical Oncology, .
- Notch receptors promote human multiple myeloma cell growth in vitro and bone marrow invasion in vivo through the CXCR4/SDF1 axis American Society for Clinical Oncology, .
- Selective expression of the Sp17/AKAP4/PTTG1 in NSCLC for detection and therapy American Society for Clinical Oncology, .
- Combination of SP17 with CA125 serologic measurement for detection of ovarian cancer American Association for Cancer Research, Washington, DC; 2013.
- Relationship of the oncogene Notch and CXCR4/SDF1 signaling in human epithelial ovarian cancer American Society of Clinical Oncology, 2013.
- Excellence Award, Covenat Health System, 2009.
- American Cancer Society Research Grant, American Cancer Society, 1993.
- Cancer Research Award, Institution, 1993.
- Oncology Fellowship Award, American Cancer Society, 1992.
- Alpha Honor Medical Society Award, Alpha Omega, 1985.
Selected Scheduled Teaching:
- Breast Cancer-specific Tumor Board - 2013
- Clinical Research Protocol - 2013
- General Tumor Board - 2013
- Monthly Oncology Morbidity Mortality Review Presentations - 2013
- Oncology Consult Service - 2013
Selected Non-Credit Instruction Taught:
- Advances in the Treatment of Malignant Melanoma - 2003
- 2. Treatment of Unresectable Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer - 2000
Date last updated: 3/4/2014