James Tarbox, MD
- Assistant Professor, Allergy and Immunology
3601 4th St Stop 9410
Lubbock TX 79430-9410
- Assistant Professor, Allergy and Immunology, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 2013-Present
- Hospitalist, Clinical Associate, Cleveland Clinic Foundation Cleveland, OH 2008-2010
- Research Assistant, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 2000-2003
- Undergraduate Research Assistant, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 1997-2000
Post Doctoral Education:
- Allergy & Immunology Fellow: Washington University School of Medicine, 2013
- Resident: Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 2008
- MD: Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 2005
- BS: Texas Tech University, 2000
- Tarbox, James & Keppel, M & Topcagic, N & Mackin, C & Abdallah, B & Baszis, K & White, A & French, A & Cooper, M April (2014) Elevated Double Negative T Cells in Pediatric Autoimmunity Journal of Clinical Immunology.
- Tarbox, James & Wedner, H November (2011) Efficacy and Safety of Cyclosporine in Pediatric Chronic Urticaria/Angioedema American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, 107, 5, A25.
- Tarbox, James & Fields, A & Richards, T October (2003) Pre-Anesthetic Assessment of a Patient Concerned About Smallpox Infection Anesthesiology News, 29, 10, 9-12.
- Management & treatment of food allergy. April 2015.
- When to see an allergist? April 2015.
- Food allergies for primary care. Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, Texas; April 2015.
- Concurrent Familial Cold Autoinflammatory Sydrome and Rheumatoid Arthritis. American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI), Houston, Texas; February 2015.
- When to see an allergist Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, TX; March 2014.
Selected Contracts and Grants:
Evaluation of double negative T cells and somatic mutations in autoimmunity 2011-2013
in the amount of $50,000
Clinical Service Related
- Internal Medicine Senior Resident of the Year, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 2008.
- Chrysalis Scholar, American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, 2005.
- Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship, Texas Tech University, 2000.
- Earl Camp Award, Texas Tech University, 2000.
- Bary M. Golwater Scholarship, Texas Tech University, 1999.
Selected Scheduled Teaching:
- MSCI6107 General Principles Multisystem Disorders and Cancer - Fall 2015
- 3rd Year Internal Medicine Clerkship - 2015
- Internal Medicine Resident Sub-specialty Conference - Allergy - 2015
- MSII Rheumatoid arthritis, Spondyloarthropathies and Sjögren's Syndrome - 2015
- Infectious Disease Program Conferences - Fall 2014
Selected Non-Credit Instruction Taught:
- Efficacy of Grass Pollen Allergen Sublingual Immunotherapy Tablets for Seasonal Allergic Rhinoconjunctivitis - A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis - 2015
- Life as an Allergy Specialist - 2015
- The inflammasome, autoinflammatory disorders and cold weather - 2014
- TRECs are for kids! What next if they are low? - 2014
- Healthy Aging Lecture SEries - 2013
Date last updated: 4/28/2017