Jason Wischmeyer, MD
3601 4th Street
Lubbock TX 79430
- Associate Professor, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 2012-Present
Post Doctoral Education:
- Interventional Cardiology Fellow: Mid-America Heart Institute, 1999
- Cardiology Fellow: Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 1998
- Resident: Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, 1995
- MD: The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, 1992
- PhD: Texas A&M University College of Medicine, 1989
- BS: Texas A&M University, 1983
- Yen, Michael & Wischmeyer, Jason & Kapadia, S (2004) Evaluation of chest pain in the emergency room. Manual of Cardiovascular Medicine 2nd Edition, Chapt 39.
- Schussler, J & Cameron, C & Anear, A & Donsky, M & Johnson, K & Vallabhan, R & Wischmeyer, Jason December (2004) Effect of bivaliruden on length of stay in the recovery area after percutaneous coronary intervention compared with heparin alone, heparin and abciximab, or heparin and eptifibatide Am J Cardiol, 94, 11, 1417-9.
- Schussler, J & Lander, S & Wissinger, L & Anwar, A & Donsky, M & Johnson, K & Vallbhan, R & Wischmeyer, Jason May (2004) Validation of the i-STAT heandheld activated clotting time for use with bivalirudin Am J Cardiol, 93, 10, 1318-9.
- Wischmeyer, Jason & Kapadia, S (2000) Evaluation of chest pain in the emergency room Manual of Cardiovascular Medicine 1st Edition, Chapt 37.
- Wischmeyer, Jason & Huber, K & Johnson, W & Giorgi, L & Laster, S & Daniel, W & Ritherford, B (1999) Procedural Outcomes of Aorto-ostial vs Coronary-ostial Lesions Ann Meet Amer Coll Card.
- Dean's List, UTMB-Galveston, 1992.
- Edward Randall Medal for Academic Excellence, UTMB-Galveston, 1992.
- Junior Class President, UTMB-Galveston, 1992.
- Senior Class President, UTMB-Galveston, 1992.
- The Gold-Headeed Cane Award, UTMB-Galveston, 1992.
Selected Scheduled Teaching:
- Clinical Cardiomyopathy - 2013
- IVUS Pt I - 2012
- IVUS pt II - 2012
Selected Non-Credit Instruction Taught:
- Internal Medicine 3rd Year Clerkship 2014 - 2015
- Internal Medicine 3rd Year Clerkship 2013 - 2014
Date last updated: 9/29/2015