- Editorial Board
- Professor of Medicine
- Program Director Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowship
- Endowed Chair
- Director Medical Intensive Care Unit
- Medical Director Respiratory Therapy, South Plains College
- Editorial Board, Journal of Primary Care and Community Health 2014-Present
- Editorial Board, Gaziantep Medical Journal Turkey 2013-Present
- Editor, Southwest Respiratory and Critical Care Chronicles Lubbock, TX 2013-Present
- Editorial Board, American Journal of Medical Sciences 2012-Present
- Professor of Medicine, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, Texas 1986-Present
- Program Director, Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowship Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, TX 2011-Present
- Endowed Chair, University Medical Center, Lubbock, Texas 1997-Present
- Director, Medical Intensive Care Unit University Medical Center, Lubbock 1990-Present
- Medical Director, Respiratory Therapy, South Plains College South Plains College, Lubbock, Texas 1990-Present
Post Doctoral Education:
- Pulmonary Fellow: University of Iowa, 1978
- Medicine Resident: University of Iowa, 1976
- Research Associate: Laboratory of Streptococcal Diseases, NIH, 1974
- Medicine Intern: University of Iowa, 1972
- MD: Washington University, 1971
- BA: Universitiy of Texas, 1967
- Kambali, S & Nantsupawat, N & Lee, M & Nugent, Kenneth September (2014) A workplace tuberculosis case investigation in the presence of immigrant contacts from high prevalence countries.
- Tseng, J & Sigler, M & Edriss, H & Turner, A & Valdez, K & Selvan, K & Nugent, Kenneth October (2014) A self-extubation case series in an ICU after the introduction of an early mobilization project 2, 8, 17-20.
- Nugent, Kenneth October (2014) Physical impairment after acute lung injury 2, 8, 1-2.
- Edriss, H & Nugent, Kenneth October (2014) Pulmonary embolus and acute exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease 2, 8, 3-4.
- Omar, S & Zedan, A & Nugent, Kenneth September (2014) Cardiac Vasoplegia Syndrome: Pathophysiology, Pathophysiology, Risk Factors and Treatment.
- Citalopram overdose can cause noncardiac pulmonary edema Southern Society for Clinical Investigation, New Orleans, LA; February 2014.
- Diffuse alveolar hemorrhage: A rare complication post eptifibatide infusion in a peripheral percutaneous intervention Southern Society for Clinical Investigation, New Orleans, LA; February 2014.
- Gait characteristics in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease Southern Society for Clinical Investigation, New Orleans, LA; February 2014.
- The effect of sleep counseling in women wanting to lose weight: A pilot study Southern Society for Clinical Investigation, New Orleans, LA; February 2014.
- Pseudomonas lung abscess-unusual cause for cavitary lung lesion Southern Society for Clinical Investigation, New Orleans, LA; February 2013.
Selected Contracts and Grants:
LWBIWH: INTERVENTION STUDY IN WOMEN WANTING TO LOSE WEIGHT 2012-2014
in the amount of $8,400
Clinical Service Related
Aging and Quality of Life in the Southwest: A Comprehensive Competency-Based Program to Strengthen Physicians’ Training in Geriatrics 2006-2010
in the amount of $1,997,947
Healthy aging in the Southwest: training residents for community-based care 2003-2006
in the amount of $242,627
- Outstanding Clerkship Educator, TTUHSC, 2014.
- Outstanding Physician, TTUHSC, 2013.
- Dean's Unsung Hero Award, Department of Internal Medicine - TTUHSC, 2009.
- Clinical Science Teaching Award, TTUHSC, 2007.
- Teaching Academy Member, TTUHSC, 2007.
Date last updated: 2/16/2015