Kenneth Nugent, MD
- Associate Director
- Endowed Chair
- Medical Director
- Professor of Medicine
- Associate Director, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, Texas 2009-Present
- Endowed Chair, University Medical Center (UMC) Lubbock, Texas 1997-Present
- Medical Director, South Plains College Lubbock, Texas 1990-Present
- Director, University Medical Center Lubbock 1990-Present
- Professor of Medicine, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, Texas 1986-Present
Post Doctoral Education:
- Fellow: University of Iowa, 1978
- Resident: University of Iowa, 1976
- Research Associate: Laboratory of Streptococcal Diseases, National Institute of Health (NIH), 1974
- Intern: University of Iowa, 1972
- MD: Washington University, 1971
- BA: Universitiy of Texas, 1967
- Adiga, Avinash & Nugent, Kenneth (2017) Lupus Hepatitis and Autoimmune Hepatitis (Lupoid Hepatitis). Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (SSCI), 329-335.
- Nugent, Kenneth & Orellana-Barrios, M & Buscemi, Dolores March (2017) Comprehensive Histological and Immunochemical Forensic Studies in Deaths Occurring in Custody. International Scholarly Research Notices, 2017, 7.
- Orellana-Barrios, M & Payne, J & Nugent, Kenneth March (2017) RE: Electronic nicotine delivery systems and/or electronic non-nicotine delivery systems for tobacco smoking cessation or reduction: a systematic review and meta-analysis. BMJ Open.
- Nugent, Kenneth December (2016) Postextubation management of patients at high risk for reintubation. J. Thorac. Dis., 8, 12, E1679-E1682.
- Adiga, Avinash & Panikkath, Deepa & Nugent, Kenneth (2016) A review of inflammatory bowel disease in patients with human immunodeficiency virus infection. J AIDS Clin Res, 7, 5, 1-4.
- Characteristics And Diagnoses Of Elderly Patients Referred To A Pulmonary Vascular Clinic For Evaluation Of Possible Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. American Thoracic Society (ATS), San Francisco, California; May 2016.
- Early Mobilization of Patients on Mechanical Ventilators: A Pilot Study. American Thoracic Society (ATS), San Francisco, California; May 2016.
- Peak Pressures And Pao2/fio2 Ratios On Day 2 Predict Outcomes In Patients On Mechanical Ventilators. American Thoracic Society (ATS), San Francisco, California; May 2016.
- Sepsis and acute respiratory failure. Texas Society for Respiratory Care, Lubbock, Texas; May 2016.
- Evaluation of hemoglobin A1C and admission blood glucose as predictors of in-hospital and 12-month mortality in patients with STEMI. American College of Cardiology, Chicago, Illinois; April 2016.
Selected Contracts and Grants:
Intervention Study In Women Wanting to Lose Weight 2012-
in the amount of $20,000
Aging and Quality of Life in the Southwest: A Comprehensive Competency-Based Program to Strengthen Physicians’ Training in Geriatrics 2006-2010
in the amount of $1,997,947
Healthy aging in the Southwest: training residents for community-based care 2003-2006
in the amount of $242,627
- Outstanding Physician, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 2013.
- President's Outstanding Professor Award, 2013.
- Outstanding Clerkship Educator, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 2012.
- Unsung Hero Award, Department of Internal Medicine, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 2009.
- Clinical Science Teaching Award, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 2007.
Selected Scheduled Teaching:
- MSII Lecture - 2015
- MSCI5103 Structure & Function of Major Organ Systems (MOS) - Spring 2015
Selected Non-Credit Instruction Taught:
- Sleep, fatigue, and resident performance - 2016
- Diagnosis and Management: MICU, Pulmonary Consultation, and General Internal Medicine - 2015
- Internal Medicine Residency - 2015
- Pulmonary Function - 2015
- Sleep, Alertness, and Fatigue in Residents - 2015
Date last updated: 3/21/2017