- Editorial Board
- Professor of Medicine
- Program Director Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowship
- Endowed Chair
- Director Medical Intensive Care Unit
- Medical Director Respiratory Therapy, South Plains College
- Editorial Board, Journal of Primary Care and Community Health 2014-Present
- Editorial Board, Gaziantep Medical Journal Turkey 2013-Present
- Editor, Southwest Respiratory and Critical Care Chronicles Lubbock, TX 2013-Present
- Editorial Board, American Journal of Medical Sciences 2012-Present
- Professor of Medicine, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, Texas 1986-Present
- Program Director, Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowship Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, TX 2011-Present
- Endowed Chair, University Medical Center, Lubbock, Texas 1997-Present
- Director, Medical Intensive Care Unit University Medical Center, Lubbock 1990-Present
- Medical Director, Respiratory Therapy, South Plains College South Plains College, Lubbock, Texas 1990-Present
Post Doctoral Education:
- Pulmonary Fellow: University of Iowa, 1978
- Medicine Resident: University of Iowa, 1976
- Research Associate: Laboratory of Streptococcal Diseases, NIH, 1974
- Medicine Intern: University of Iowa, 1972
- MD: Washington University, 1971
- BA: Universitiy of Texas, 1967
- Limsuwat, C & McClellan, R & Mojazi, H & Nugent, Kenneth (2014) Pulmonary rehabilitation improves only some domains of health-related quality of life measure by the SF-36 questionnaire Annals of Thoracic Medicine, 9, 144-148.
- Nugent, Rebecca & Althouse, Andrew & Yaqub, Yasir & Nugent, Kenneth & Raj, Rishi August (2014) Modeling the Relation between Obesity and Sleep Parameters in Children Referred for Dietary Weight Reduction Intervention. Southern medical journal, 107, 8, 473-80.
- Limsuwat, Chok & McClellan, Ryan & Amiri, Hoda Mojazi & Nugent, Kenneth July (2014) Pulmonary rehabilitation improves only some domains of health-related quality of life measured by the Short Form-36 questionnaire. Annals of thoracic medicine, 9, 3, 144-8.
- Raj, R & Ussavarungsi, K & Nugent, Kenneth May (2014) Accelerometer based devices can be used to monitor sedation/agitation in the intensive care unit Journal of Critical Care, 29, 5, 748-752.
- Subash, M & Patel, G & Welker, J & Nugent, Kenneth May (2014) Brachial neuritis with phrenic nerve involvement in a patient with a possible connective tissue disease Journal of Investigative Medicine, 2.
- An Interactive Web-Based Project to Stimulate Internal Medicine Resident Reading Using Board Type Questions SSCI, New Orleans; .
- An unusual headache SSCI, February 2012.
- Prolonged Refractory Hypotension Secondary to Amlodipine SCCM, January 2012.
- Monitoring sedation in the intensive care unit using actigraphy American Thoracic Society, Denver, CO; May 2011.
- Abdominal wall hematoma caused by low molecular weight heparin: Review of cases and management Southern Society for Clinical Investigation, New Orleans, LA; February 2011.
Selected Contracts and Grants:
LWBIWH: INTERVENTION STUDY IN WOMEN WANTING TO LOSE WEIGHT 2012-2014
in the amount of $8,400
Clinical Service Related
Aging and Quality of Life in the Southwest: A Comprehensive Competency-Based Program to Strengthen Physicians’ Training in Geriatrics 2006-2010
in the amount of $1,997,947
Healthy aging in the Southwest: training residents for community-based care 2003-2006
in the amount of $242,627
- Outstanding Clerkship Educator, TTUHSC, 2014.
- Outstanding Physician, TTUHSC, 2013.
- Unsung Hero, Department of Internal Medicine - TTUHSC, 2009.
- Clinical Science Teaching Award, TTUHSC, 2007.
- Teaching Academy Member, TTUHSC, 2007.
Date last updated: 9/26/2014