- Director of CVICU/CICU
- Cardiology Fellowship Program Director
- Medical Director
- Director of CVICU/CICU, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center 2015-Present
- Cardiology Fellowship Program Director, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock Texas 2007-Present
- Professor, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, Texas 2004-Present
- Medical Director, University Medical Center Lubbock Texas 1998-Present
- Division Chief, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, Texas 2004-2013
Post Doctoral Education:
- Fellow: Louisiana State University, 1988
- Resident: Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 1986
- Intern: Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 1984
- MD: Texas Tech University HSC, 1983
- BA: Texas Tech University , 1979
- Natsupawat, Teerapat & Soontrapa, Suthipong & Klomjit, Saranapoom & Jenkins, Leigh (2015) Rivaroxaban monograph. Southwest Respiratory Critical Care Chronicles, 3, 10, 27-33.
- Yaqub, Yasir & Perez-Verdia, Alejandro & Jenkins, Leigh & Paige, Robert & Nugent, Kenneth (2012) Temporary Transvenous Cardiac Pacing in Patients with Acute Myocardial Infarction Predicts Increased Mortality Cardiology Research, 3, 1-7.
- Yaqub, Yasir & Kumar, Ashwani & Jenkins, Leigh (2011) Case series of Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy. Curr Cardiovasc Risk Rep, 5, 266-272.
- Yaqub, Yasir & Jenkins, Leigh & Suarez, Jose August (2011) LASER endovascular atherectomy with secondary stenting of technically challenging calcied celiac stenosis. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv, 78, 2, 301-3.
- Otahbachi, Mohammad & Cevik, Cihan & Hodges, David & Kumar, Ashwani & Jenkins, Leigh (2010) A Giant Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm and a Massive Eye Hemorrhage Due to Advanced Atherosclerosis in an Eighty-four Year Old Man. The Open Cardiovascular Imaging Journal, 2, 1-2.
- PLASMA SEROTONIN AND PLATELET AGGREGATION RESPONSE TO COLLAGEN AS A PREDICTOR OF ADVERSE EVENTS International Academy of Cardiology, Boston, MA; July 2014.
- THE CLINICAL SIGNIFICANCE OF ALCOHOLISM IN CONGESTIVE HEART SSCI, New Orleans, LA; February 2014.
- Got Cardiac Markers? Lubbock, TX; February 2013.
- Redman Syndrome Due to Dual Exposure to Ciprofloxxacin and Radiocontrast agent - Double Exposure may be the Precipitating Factor SSCI, New Orleans, LA; 2012.
- The Prevalence of Diastolic Dysfunction in Patients with Normal Ventricular Systolic Function in a Hospital Setting - Its Clinical Significance and Progression Texas ACP, November 2012.
Selected Contracts and Grants:
Identification of heritage-related genetic determinants of cardiovascular diseases in Mexican-Americans and Caucasians 2008-2009
in the amount of $15,000
A Forty-Eight Week Study to Compare the Efficacy and Safety of Propentofylline with Placebo in Out-Patients with Alzheimer's disease 1996-1999
in the amount of $79,890
A Twenty-Four Week Study to Compare the Efficacy ans Safety of Propentofylline with placebo in Out-Patients with Vascular Dementia 1996-1999
in the amount of $16,661
- Dean's Distinguished Service Award, TTUHSC, 2012.
- Women of Distiction, Girl Scouts of America, 2009.
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Texas Tech University, 2004.
- Teacher Award by Student Senate, TTUHSC Family Medicine, 1998.
- Teacher Award by Student Senate, TTUHSC Family Medicine, 1995.
Selected Scheduled Teaching:
- Cardiovascular Diagnostic Studies -
- Congenital Cardiac Defects -
- ECG Interpretation -
- Pharmacology of Cardiac Drugs -
- Preoperative Cardiac Assessment -
Selected Non-Credit Instruction Taught:
- CICU, Cardiology Consultatation, Heart Station, Cardiac Catheterization Lab, Fellows Clinic - 2015
Date last updated: 9/27/2016