- Transplant Nephrologist
- Professor of Physiology
3601 4th St Stop 9410
Lubbock TX 79430-9410
- Transplant Nephrologist, University Medical Center Lubbock, TX 2004-Present
- Professor , Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center 1996-Present
- Professor of Physiology, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center 1996-Present
- Medical Director, University Medical Center Lubbock, TX 2008-2011
- Division Chief, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 2000-2006
Post Doctoral Education:
- Nephrology Fellow: University of California, San Francisco, 1981
- Resident: University of Mighigan Hospitals, 1979
- MD: Univ Of Illinois Med Center, 1976
- BA: Lewis College, 1971
- Helfrich, G & Hoggard, J & Laski, Melvin & Myers, W & Newsome, G & Norris, S & Stanbaugh, G & Wheeler, C Improved renal transplant graft survival and patient survival with low dose aspirin American Society of Transplant Physicians.
- Tuncel-kara, Meryem & Dissanaike, Sharmila & Laski, Melvin (2012) Acute kidney injury is a major determinant of mortality in burn patients Journal of American Society of Nephrology.
- Laski, Melvin & Titus, R & Cobb, E July (2012) Renal Tubular Acidosis Epocrates.
- Elsanjak, A & Raj, R & Ussavarungsi, K & Laski, Melvin (2011) Sirolimus induced granulomatous interstitial pneumonitis J Am Soc Neph, 122, 950 A.
- Sohal, D & Laski, Melvin & Sood, V (2011) Successful treatment of Psudallescheria Boydii Brain Abscesses in a Renal Transplant Recipient J Am Soc Neph, 122, 954A.
- Acute Kidney Injury is a Major Determinant of Mortality in Burn Patients San Diego, California ; November 2012.
Selected Contracts and Grants:
A Therapeutic-Equivlaence Study Comparing the Efficacy and Safety of Intravenous Epoetin Hospira and Epoetin Alfa (Amgen) in Patients with Chronic Renal Failure Requiring Hemodialysis and Receiving Epoetin Maintenance Treatment 2012-
in the amount of $0
A 12 month, multi-center, randomized, open-label non-inferiority study comparing the safety and efficacy of concentration-controlled Everolimus with low dose tacrolimus to CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) with standard dose tacrolimus in de novo renal transplant recipients 2010-2012
in the amount of $0
- Best Doctor in America, 2013.
- President's Outstanding Clinician Award, Texas Monthly, 2011.
- President's Outstanding Clinician Award, Texas "Super Doc", Texas Monthly Magazine, 2009.
- President's Outstanding Clinician Award, Texas "Super Doc", Texas Monthly Magazine, 2008.
- President's Outstanding Clinician Award, Texas "Super Doc", Texas Monthly Magazine, 2007.
Selected Scheduled Teaching:
- MINT7093 Internal Medicine Jr Clerkship - Fall 2012
- Disorders of Phosphate Metabolism (clinical) - 2012
- Disorders of Renal Potassium Handling (clinical) - 2012
- Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis - 2012
- General Medicine Floor Service - 2012
Selected Non-Credit Instruction Taught:
- Infections in Kidney Transplant Patients - 2012
- Acute kidney failure in the burn unit: The AKFOBU study - 2012
Date last updated: 7/22/2015