- Associate Professor
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship Associate Program Director
3601 4th St Stop 9410
Lubbock TX 79430-9410
- Associate Professor, TTUHSC Lubbock, TX 2012-Present
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship Associate Program Director, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 2011-Present
- Assistant Professor, TTUHSC Lubbock, TX 2007-2012
Post Doctoral Education:
- Fellowship: University of Southern California, 2007
- Resident: Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 2004
- Resident: Salmaniya Medical Complex-Bahrain, 2001
- MD: Sultan Qaboos University, 1997
- BSC: Sultan Qaboos University, 1994
- Kambali, S & Orellana-Barrios, M & Alalawi, Raed (2014) Endobronchial Stent Placement in Management of Massive Hemoptysis CHEST Proceedings, 763A.
- Copeland, S & Konala, V & Alalawi, Raed & Warraich, Irfan (2014) Pleural Effusion as the Only Manifestation of Lymphoma CHEST Proceedings, 649A.
- Fuller, A & Sigler, M & Kambali, S & Alalawi, Raed (2014) Successful Treatment of Postintubation Tracheal Stenosis with Balloon Dilation, AOC Electrocautery, and Application of Mitomycin C CHEST Proceedings, 778A.
- Kambali, S & Alalawi, Raed (2013) Acquired non-malignant tracheoesophageal fistula secondary to esophagogastroduodenoscopy in a patient on mechanical ventilation The Southwest Respiratory and Critical Care Chronicles, 1, 4, 35-36.
- Islam, E & Limsuwat, C & Berdine, Gilbert & Alalawi, Raed & Nugent, Kenneth (2013) Corticosteroids Cause Hyperglycemia in Patients With Acute Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Exacerbation CHEST Journal , 144, 4, 703A.
- Chemokine receptors as novel targets of the oncogene Notch1 in acute lymphoblastic leukemia American Society for Clinical Oncology, .
- Notch receptors promote human multiple myeloma cell growth in vitro and bone marrow invasion in vivo through the CXCR4/SDF1 axis American Society for Clinical Oncology, .
- Selective expression of the Sp17/AKAP4/PTTG1 in NSCLC for detection and therapy American Society for Clinical Oncology, .
- Longitudinal integration of ultrasound to medical education – Point of care ultrasound and ultrasound enhanced physical examination: opportunities for cross-institutional and cross-disciplinary collaboration, The University of Texas Academy of Health Science Education, Austin, TX; February 2014.
- Effectiveness of an institutional faculty development course and barriers to training/education of faculty for integration of ultrasound in medical education Association of American Medical Colleges, Philadelphia, PA; November 2013.
- UMC Physician Champion Quality Leader Award, University Medical Center, 2014.
- Physician of the Quarter, University Medical Center, 2011.
- Internal Medicine Leadership Award, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 2004.
- Joseph A Baltabiano, MD and Arnold Silver, MD Award for Professionalism in Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 2004.
- Outstanding PGY3, Mount Sinai School of Medicine - Dept of Internal Medicine, 2004.
Selected Scheduled Teaching:
- 2nd Year Medical Student Lecture - 2014
- General Internal Medicine Service - 2014
- MICU - 2014
- Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship Conferences - 2014
- SIM Lab ICU Procedures - 2014
Date last updated: 7/22/2015