- Division Chief
- Professor of Medicine
- Division Chief, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 2014-Present
- Professor of Medicine, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 2014-Present
Post Doctoral Education:
- Interventional Cardiology Fellow: New England Deaconess hospital, 1991
- Cardiology Fellow: New England Deaconess hospital, 1990
- Resident: New England Deaconess hospital, 1988
- Intern: New England Deaconess hospital, 1986
- MD: University of Massachusetts, 1985
- BA: Univ Tulsa, 1981
- BS: University of Tulsa, 1981
- Yates, B & Rowland, S & Mancuso, K & Kupzyk, K & Norman, J & Shurmur, Scott & Tesina, K September (2014) Reducing Cardiovascular Risk in Spouses of Cardiac Patients: A Randomized Controlled Trial 1-18.
- Anderson, D & Duryee, M & Shurmur, Scott & Um, J & Bussey, W & Hunter, C & Garvin, R & Mikuls, T & Klassen, L & Thiele, G September (2014) Unique Antibody Responses to Malondialdehyde-Acetaldehyde (MAA)-Protein Adducts Predict Coronary Artery Disease 9, 9, e107440.
- Shurmur, Scott & Lange, R June (2014) Coronary Drug-Eluting Stent.
- Shurmur, Scott (2002) Psyllium (Plantago ovata): an evidence-based review of safety and efficacy 1.
- Shurmur, Scott & Miles, R & Sears, T & DeBoer, L September (1996) Reduction of the time to treatment 247-263.
- Cardiovascular Risk Factors among College Students: Knowledge, Perception and Risk Assessment The Honor Society of Nursing, Las Vegas, NV; November 2015.
- Partners Together in Health (PaTH) Intervention: Preliminary Results Midwest Nursing Research Society, Chicago, IL; March 2013.
- Partners Together in Health (PaTH) Intervention to Reduce Cardiovascular Risk American Heart Association, Los Angeles, CA; November 2012.
- Creating an intervention fidelity plan for a translational research study MNRSC, Dearborn, MI; April 2012.
- Reducing risk in cardiac rehabilitation: Partners together in health (PaTH) intervention MNRSC, Dearborn, MI; April 2012.
- Cardiovascular Center of Excellent Award, JD Power and Associates, 2009.
- Young Investigator, Merck & Co, 1999.
- Graduated "With Honor", University of Tulsa, 1981.
Selected Non-Credit Instruction Taught:
- Anti-Platelet Strategies in ACS - 2012
- Emerging Concepts in Aggressive Lipid Lowering and Acute Myocardial Infarction - 2012
- Fibrates Controversies - 2012
- M2 Core Program - 2011
- Primary Care Update - 2011
Date last updated: 1/2/2015