- Division Chief
- Professor of Medicine
- Division Chief, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 2014-Present
- Professor of Medicine, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 2014-Present
Post Doctoral Education:
- Interventional Cardiology Fellow: New England Deaconess hospital, 1991
- Cardiology Fellow: New England Deaconess hospital, 1990
- Resident: New England Deaconess hospital, 1988
- Intern: New England Deaconess hospital, 1986
- MD: University of Massachusetts, 1985
- BA: Univ Tulsa, 1981
- BS: University of Tulsa, 1981
- Shurmur, Scott & Lange, R June (2014) Coronary Drug-Eluting Stent.
- Partners Together in Health (PaTH) Intervention: Preliminary Results Midwest Nursing Research Society, Chicago, IL; March 2013.
- Partners Together in Health (PaTH) Intervention to Reduce Cardiovascular Risk American Heart Association, Los Angeles, CA; November 2012.
- Creating an intervention fidelity plan for a translational research study MNRSC, Dearborn, MI; April 2012.
- Reducing risk in cardiac rehabilitation: Partners together in health (PaTH) intervention MNRSC, Dearborn, MI; April 2012.
- Cardiovascular Risk and Treatment Barriers in the Elderly ESLM, West Palm Beach, FL; August 2003.
- Cardiovascular Center of Excellent Award, JD Power and Associates, 2009.
- Young Investigator, Merck & Co, 1999.
- Graduated "With Honor", University of Tulsa, 1981.
Selected Non-Credit Instruction Taught:
- Anti-Platelet Strategies in ACS - 2012
- Emerging Concepts in Aggressive Lipid Lowering and Acute Myocardial Infarction - 2012
- Fibrates Controversies - 2012
- M2 Core Program - 2011
- Primary Care Update - 2011
Date last updated: 9/8/2014