Vaqar Ahmed, MD
- Assistant Professor
- Attending Nephrologist
- Hypertension Specialist
- Medical Director Transplant Services
- Assistant Professor, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 2013-Present
- Attending Nephrologist, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 2013-Present
- Clinical Assistant Professor, UW School of Medicine and Public Health Madison, WI 2007-2010
- Medical Officer, Manzoor Medical Complex Karachi, Pakistan 2002-2003
- Hypertension Specialist, American Society of Hypertension, -Present
- Medical Director, Transplant Services University Medical Center, Lubbock, TX 2013-Present
Post Doctoral Education:
- Transplant Nephrology Fellow: Medical University of South Carolina, 2013
- Nephrology Fellow: Medical University of South Carolina, 2012
- Resident: Michael Reese Hospital, 2007
- Intern: Michael Reese Hospital, 2005
- Internship: Hamdard University Hospital, 2001
- MD: Hamdard College of Medicine and Dentistry, 2001
- Tissue proteomics Reveals Protein Differences Associated with Allograft Cellular Rejection American Transplant Congress, Seattle, WA; 2013.
- Poster: Cryptosporidiosis in an Adult Simultaneous Kidney-Pancreas Transplant Patient National Kidney Foundation, Orlando, FL; 2013.
- Poster: Viral Co-Infection in Renal Transplant Recipients National Kidney Foundation, Orlando, FL; 2013.
- Poster: Hydroxychloroquine Induced Cardiomyopathy Society of General Internal Medicine, Denver, CO; April 2013.
- Poster: The Revisited Impact of HLA-DR Match in Kidney Transplant Recipients Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC; 2012.
Selected Contracts and Grants:
Proteomic analysis of renal transplant biopsies and their correlation with Histopathology 2012-2013
in the amount of $0
Retrospective analysis to determine if HLA matching and particularly DR matching has an impact on graft outcomes using contemporary immunosuppressive protocols -2011
in the amount of $0
Date last updated: 4/14/2014