Brian Temple, MD
Texas Tech Pavilion
Return to Faculty Listing
- Fellowship: Advanced Research Fellowship-T32, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence RI, Adult-Infectious Diseases Fellowship-University of Mississippi Health Care, Jackson, MS
- Residency: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersy, Plainfield, NJ
- Medical School: Ross University School of Medicine, Dominica
- Undergraduate School: Fairleigh Dickinson University, Teaneck, NJ
- “Factors Associated with Recently-transmitted Mycobacterium tuberculosis strain MS0006 in Hinds County, Mississippi.” December 2011;104(12):819–826. PMID: SMJ202702
- Isolated and significant left main coronary artery disease: demographics, hemodynamics and angiographic features. Angiology. 2006 Aug-Sep;57(4):464-77. PMID: 17022383.
- Prediction of left main coronary artery obstruction by 12-lead electrocardiography: ST segment deviation in lead V6 greater than or equal to ST segment deviation in lead V1. Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol. 2006 Apr;11(2):102-12. PMID: 16630083.
- 2012. Understanding HIV in Sierra Leone: a Descriptive Study of HIV infected Individuals presenting to Connaught Hospital in Freetown, Sierra Leone. 4th Annual Sierra Leone Health & Biomedical Research Symposium, Freetown, Sierra Leone.
- 2012. ART-ineligible persons newly diagnosed with HIV infection have poor mental health-related quality of life in Sierra Leone. 4th Annual Sierra Leone Health & Biomedical Research Symposium, Freetown, Sierra Leone.
- 2011.Transmission of HIV and non-HIV TB cases in Mississippi: Intensified Efforts are needed among African Americans and HIV-infected sub-populations. Poster presentation at the 49th IDSA meeting, Boston, MA.
- 2011. Adverse events in HIV/Tb con-infected patients in a Rural State. Poster presentation at the 49th IDSA meeting, Boston, MA.
- 2010. The Emergence of The MS0006 TB Strain and its Effects on the Homeless and HIV Infected Population of County X. Poster presented at the University of Mississippi Medical Center 6th Annual Department of Medicine Research Day. Poster presentation at the 48th IDSA meeting, Vancouver BC.
- 2010. Outbreak of Tuberculosis in County X of Public Health District V in Mississippi, 2004-2009. Poster presentation at ATS/ CDC-NTCA joint sponsored poster session ATS 2010, New Orleans LA.
- 2010. Quantiferon-Gold-In Tube Assay Results Among Low Risk TST Positives in Mississippi. CDC TB comptroller’s meeting, Atlanta GA.
- 2009. Seroprevalence of Herpes Simplex Virus Type 2 (HSV-2) Infection in Human Immunodeficiency (HIV) Negative Heterosexual Males with Hepatitis C. Poster presentation at the 47th IDSA meeting, Philadelphia PA.