- Program Director
- Professor of Medicine
- Program Director Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowship
- Co-Director Internal Medicine
- Endowed Chair
- Director Medical Intensive Care Unit
- Medical Director Respiratory Therapy
- Editor, Gaziantep Medical Journal Turkey 2013-Present
- Program Director, TTUHSC Lubbock, TX 2011-Present
- Professor of Medicine, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, Texas 1986-Present
- Associate Professor, University of Texas Health Sciences Center Tyler, Texas 1984-1986
- Research Associate, VA Medical Center Iowa City, Iowa 1981-1984
- Program Director, Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowship Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, TX 2011-Present
- Co-Director, Internal Medicine Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock 2009-Present
- Endowed Chair, University Medical Center, Lubbock, Texas 1997-Present
- Director, Medical Intensive Care Unit University Medical Center, Lubbock 1990-Present
- Medical Director, Respiratory Therapy South Plains College, Lubbock, Texas 1990-Present
Post Doctoral Education:
- Pulmonary Fellow: University of Iowa, 1978
- Medicine Resident: University of Iowa, 1976
- Research Associate: Laboratory of Streptococcal Diseases, 1974
- Medicine Intern: University of Iowa, 1972
- MD: Washington University, 1971
- BA: Universitiy of Texas, 1967
- Singhatiraj, E & Ngamruengphong, S & Nugent, Kenneth & Larppanichpoonphol, P Jaundice in a febrile returning traveler E-medicine Case of the Week.
- Rodriguez, S & Paniagua, O & Nugent, Kenneth & Phy, M Regional transient osteoporosis of the foot and vitamin C deficiency Clinical Rheumatology, 26, 276-278.
- Lim, S & Panikkath, R & Mankongpaisarnrung, C & Islam, E & Mulkey, Zachary & Nugent, Kenneth (2013) Anti-N-methyl aspartate receptor encephalitis Am J Med Sci, 345, 491-493.
- Nugent, Kenneth & Cevik, C (2013) Commentary: Use and safety of conducted electronic devices: What is known? Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal, 19, 576-579.
- Anvari, E & Amiri, H & Aristimuno, Patricia & Chazot, C & Nugent, Kenneth (2013) Comprehensive and personalized care of the hemodialysis patient in Tassin, France: a model for the patient-centered medical home for subspecialty patients ISRN Nephrology.
- An Interactive Web-Based Project to Stimulate Internal Medicine Resident Reading Using Board Type Questions SSCI, New Orleans; .
- An unusual headache SSCI, February 2012.
- Prolonged Refractory Hypotension Secondary to Amlodipine SCCM, January 2012.
- Monitoring sedation in the intensive care unit using actigraphy American Thoracic Society, Denver, CO; May 2011.
- Abdominal wall hematoma caused by low molecular weight heparin: Review of cases and management Southern Society for Clinical Investigation, New Orleans, LA; February 2011.
Selected Contracts and Grants:
Aging and Quality of Life in the Southwest: A Comprehensive Competency-Based Program to Strengthen Physicians’ Training in Geriatrics 2006-2010
Awarded by Reynolds Fdn
in the amount of $1,997,947
Healthy aging in the Southwest: training residents for community-based care 2003-2006
Awarded by HRSA
in the amount of $242,627
- Outstanding Physician, TTUHSC, 2013.
- Unsung Hero, Department of Internal Medicine - TTUHSC, 2009.
- Clinical Science Teaching Award, TTUHSC, 2007.
- Teaching Academy Member, TTUHSC, 2007.
- Chapter Laureate Award, Texas Academy of Internal Medicine (TAIM), 2005.
Date last updated: 11/27/2013