- Division Chief
- Medical Director
3601 4th St Stop 9410
Lubbock TX 79430-9410
- Chairman, Lubbock Heart Hospital Lubbock, TX 2011-Present
- Division Chief, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 2010-Present
- Co-Chairman, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 2010-Present
- Medical Director, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 2010-Present
- Interim Chair, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 2011-2012
Post Doctoral Education:
- Fellowship: Fitzsimons Army Medical Center, 1990
- Fellow: University of Oregon Health Sciences Center, 1980
- Resident: David Grant Medical Center, Travis AFB, 1978
- Intern: David Grant Medical Center, Travis AFB, 1976
- MD: Univ Arizona, 1975
- BS: United States Air Force Acad, 1972
- Winn, Richard & Henson, V HLA/DR typing of patients with disseminated coccidioidomycosis.
- Fuhrman, Bradley & Winn, Richard & McKenzie, P & Bashir, M (2013) Ceftaroline in the treatment of methicillin-resistant and daptomycin-non-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia and infective endocarditis in end-stage renal disease Southwest Respiratory and Critical Care Chronicles, 1, 4.
- Dumrongmongculgul, N & Desai, Vipul & Winn, Richard (2013) The first case report of Staphylococcus intermedius pneumonia in a cystic fibrosis patient Infectious Diseases in Clinical Practice.
- Aldrich, J & Shearer, M & Lowe, D & Winn, Richard & Jumper, Cynthia & Kennedy, R & Bright, Robert August (2012) The role of Gamma Interferon in DNA caccine-induced tumor immunity targeting simian virus 40 large tumor antigen Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy.
- Winn, Richard & Parhizgar, F & Colmer-Hamood, Jane & Satterwhite, J & Nugent, Kenneth (2012) The utility of rapid screening for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus colonization in selected hospital admissions ISRN Infectious Diseases.
- Community acquired Pneumonia Texas Academy of Family Practice, Houston, TX; November 2013.
- Atypical Pleural Infections American College of Chest Physicians, Chicago, IL; October 2013.
- HIV CARE IN POSTWAR FREETOWN,SIERRA LEONE IDSA, San Francisco, CA; October 2013.
- Community acquired Pneumonia Texas Academy of Family Practice, Houston, TX; October 2013.
- Surgical Infections: Relevance for Anesthesiologists TTUHSC, Lubbock, TX; September 2013.
- Humanitarian Service Medal, United States Air Force, .
- Legion of Merit, United States Air Force, .
- USAF Achievement Medal, United States Air Force, .
- USAF Commendation Medal- One Oak Leaf, United States Air Force, .
- USAF Meritorious Service Medal- One Oak Leaf, United States Air Force, .
Selected Scheduled Teaching:
- Early Clinical Experience 1 - 2012
- Early Clinical Experience II - 2012
- ID Clinical Inpatient Service - 2012
Selected Non-Credit Instruction Taught:
- Prions and Dementia - 2012
Date last updated: 4/16/2015