Residency » Appointments
Types and Numbers of Appointments
Two first-year pathology residency positions are offered each year.
Requirements for Consideration:
- Attainment of a MD or DO degree from an accredited medical school.
- Must meet all Texas licensing requirements (including passage of USMLE/COMLEX exam
within the number of attempts allowed for Texas licensure).
- Passage of USMLE Step 3 preferred but not required.
- Participation in ERAS and the National Resident Matching Program®.
Additional requirements for Foreign Medical Graduates:
- Valid ECFMG® certificate.
- J-1®, green card, or permanent citizenship.
- Clerkship affidavit.
- Be eligible for licensure in his/her home country (where medical school was completed).