Cell Physiology and Molecular Biophysics
Faculty and Their Research
The Department of Cell Physiology and Molecular Biophysics is comprised of 11 faculty
members. Their research interests range from cellular and molecular mechanisms to
whole animal and human physiology and pathophysiology. Clicking on a faculty name
will direct you to their lab webpage.
- Guillermo Altenberg, M.D., Ph.D., Professor & Chair
Structure, function and regulation of connexins (gap-junction proteins) and ATP-binding
cassette proteins in health and disease.
(806) 743-2531, G.Altenberg@ttuhsc.edu
- Pablo Artigas, Ph.D., Associate Professor
Structure based functional studies of Na/K ATPase and bilayer regulation of membrane
(806) 743-3170, Pablo.Artigas@ttuhsc.edu
- Luis Cuello, Ph.D., Associate Professor
Structure-function studies of voltage-gated K+ channels.
(806) 743-2525, Luis.Cuello@ttuhsc.edu
- Lan Guan, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Professor, Director of CMPR
High-resolution structure modeling of solute transporters.
(806) 743-3102, Lan.Guan@ttuhsc.edu
- Michaela Jansen, Pharm.D., Ph.D., Asssociate Professor, Graduate Advisor
Structure and function studies of ligand-gated ion channels and transporters.
(806) 743-4059, Michaela.Jansen@ttuhsc.edu
- Hongjun Liang, Ph.D., Associate Professor
Membrane biophysics and bionanotechnology
(806) 743-1463, H.Liang@ttuhsc.edu
- L.O. Lutherer, M.D., Ph.D., Professor, Director of CRI
Regulation of cardiovascular and respiratory function by the cerebellum of the brain.
(806) 743-4222, Lorenz.Lutherer@ttuhsc.edu
- Hairong Ma, Ph.D., Research Assistant Professor
Protein folding dynamics and super-resolution imaging.
(806) 743-1463, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Raul Martínez-Zaguilán, Ph.D., Associate Professor
Regulation of intracellular pH and calcium during angiogenesis (diabetes) and tumorigenesis
(806) 743-2562, Raul.Martinez-Zaguilan@ttuhsc.edu
- R. Bryan Sutton, Ph.D., Professor
X-ray crystallography of peripheral membrane associating C2 domains in synaptotagmin
and human dysferlin.
(806) 743-4058, Roger.B.Sutton@ttuhsc.edu
Last revised: September 2, 2016