Office of Student Affairs
Instructions for Visiting Students-Lubbock Campus
- Please be sure to fill out the Health Survey and Immunization History form and attach photocopies of immunization documentation with your application packet. Applications are not complete without ALL documentation.
- You must check in with our office in 2B130 before noon on the first business day of your rotation to sign in.
- If you need a pager and the department does not have one for you, you may contact Kim in our office in Room 2B121. Pagers must be turned in to this office on the last business day of your rotation or there will be a $10.00 late fee.
- You must obtain a temporary parking pass in the Traffic and Parking Office (BB097) on your first day of arrival. Their hours are 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday. There is a small fee ($2.00 per week) for a temporary pass.
- If you will be needing access to the library, please let us know and we will send a memo to the Preston Smith Library requesting they issue you a temporary library card which will allow you access to the library while on your rotation. You can pick up your temporary card at the library.
- If you will be needing scrubs and the department you are visiting does not have a scrub card available for you, please let us know and we will issue you a card, if available. The card must be returned to our office on the last business day of your rotation.
- On the last business day of your rotation, you must come by the Student Affairs Office in 2B130 no later than 4:00 p.m.
- Inside the packet sent to you with your approval, you will find maps of the hospital and parking lot, telephone numbers for the SOM Student Affairs staff, a list of hotels in the area, and an information page on Lubbock.
- Please check with the departmental coordinator to see if there are preferred textbooks or other additional requirements.
- Some departments may have housing available for visiting students. Please contact the departments directly for information.