non-TTUHSC ESP Self-Study
Block 1: Self-Study Activities
Unit Directions for SuccessTypes in Medical Education Book
1. Download the book, SuccessTypes in Medical Education
Originally published in print form as “SuccessTypes for Medical Students: A Program
for Improving Academic Performance,” this book is no longer in print but is now available
to you free online in the updated electronic version, “SuccessTypes in Medical Education.”
2. Download and complete the ESP SuccessTypes Study Guide at your own pace.
- The study guide is designed to focus your reading on the important points. It gives
you something to look “for.”
- It is provided as a “document” file, instead of “pdf,” for your convenience in keyboard
recording of answer responses.
- It will help you focus on the important points to learn and will help you to use Deliberate
Practice with your learning style.
3. Associated links for use in completing the study guide:
Completion deadline: Prior to the start of classes or residency program. If your
institution or residency program has recommended the Expert Skills Program then please
remember to notify the appropriate individual that you are participating. It is natural
that your institution or program director wants this experience to be valuable to
you and you can help with that.