non-TTUHSC ESP Self-Study
Block 1: Self-Study Activities
Unit Directions for SuccessTypes in Medical Education Book
1. Download the book, SuccessTypes in Medical Education
Originally published in print form as “SuccessTypes for Medical Students: A Program for Improving Academic Performance,” this book is no longer in print but is now available to you free online in the updated electronic version, “SuccessTypes in Medical Education.”2. Download and complete the ESP SuccessTypes Study Guide at your own pace.
- The study guide is designed to focus your reading on the important points. It gives you something to look “for.”
- It is provided as a “document” file, instead of “pdf,” for your convenience in keyboard recording of answer responses.
- It will help you focus on the important points to learn and will help you to use Deliberate Practice with your learning style.
3. Associated links for use in completing the study guide:
- Henderson Hasselbalch concept map (used in concept mapping exercise)
- Henderson Hasselbalch passage (used in concept mapping exercise)
- Anatomy Terminology (used in concept mapping exercise)
- SuccessTypes In Medical Education handout with concept mapping examples
- Primer on Deliberate Practice (needed to answer some of the questions in this guide, updated 03/13).
- SuccessTypes Learning Styles Type Indicator
Completion deadline: Prior to the start of classes or residency program. If your institution or residency program has recommended the Expert Skills Program then please remember to notify the appropriate individual that you are participating. It is natural that your institution or program director wants this experience to be valuable to you and you can help with that.