TTUHSC ESP Block 1: Self-Study Activities
Unit Directions for Concept Mapping Video
Summary: This unit provides a more detailed explanation for concept mapping and instructions
that will help to adapt this method to current premedical courses as well as medical
school courses. The goal is to learn how to personalize this tool for maximizing
reading time and reducing exam prep time.
1. Download the Concept Mapping Unit Study Guide, available as a document file for your convenience in taking notes.
2. Download the Concept Mapping Notes printout from the slides. This slide-by-slide collection of main points will help
you locate something later without having to scan through the video.
3. Complete the study guide as you view the video,”Concept Mapping as a Tool For
Time Management and Long Term Memory”
- The study guide is designed to focus your attention on the material presented in the
video so that you know what to listen “for.”
- During the audience participation segments simply continue playing the video and participate
on your own.
- (The introductory text ends at 1:00)
Video Recording – Pelley – Concept Mapping (Windows Media Player)
Video Recording – Pelley – Concept Mapping (iPad Version)
Video Recording – Pelley – Concept Mapping (Mobile Version)
Completion deadline: Prior to orientation week workshops. Please remember to notify
the Office of Admissions by reply email when you have completed this step.