TTUHSC ESP Block 1: Self-Study Activities
Unit Directions for Concept Mapping Video
Summary: This unit provides a more detailed explanation for concept mapping and instructions that will help to adapt this method to current premedical courses as well as medical school courses. The goal is to learn how to personalize this tool for maximizing reading time and reducing exam prep time.
1. Download the Concept Mapping Unit Study Guide, available as a document file for your convenience in taking notes.
2. Download the Concept Mapping Notes printout from the slides. This slide-by-slide collection of main points will help you locate something later without having to scan through the video.
3. Complete the study guide as you view the video,”Concept Mapping as a Tool For Time Management and Long Term Memory”
- The study guide is designed to focus your attention on the material presented in the video so that you know what to listen “for.”
- During the audience participation segments simply continue playing the video and participate on your own.
- (The introductory text ends at 1:00)