TTUHSC ESP Block 1: Self-Study Activities
Unit Directions for The Neurobiology of Learning Video
Summary: Concepts from brain-based learning principles are integrated with learning
style concepts from the SuccessTypes book to give a more complete picture of the learning
skills needed to become an expert in medical practice. New concepts including the
Growth Mindset and Deliberate Practice are introduced to differentiate between those
who are adequate and those who are excellent.
1. Download the Neurobiology of Learning Study Guide for the new version.
2. Download the Neurobiology of Learning Notes printout from the slides. This slide-by-slide collection of main points will help
you locate something later without having to scan through the video.
3. Complete the study guide while viewing the "Neurobiology of Learning" video.
- The study guide is designed to focus your attention on the material presented in the
video so that you know what to listen “for.”
- During the audience participation segments simply continue playing the video and participate
on your own.
- (The introductory text ends at 1:00)
Windows Media Player Code:
Video Recording – Pelley – Neurobiology of Learning (Windows Media Player)
Video Recording – Pelley – Neurobiology of Learning (iPad Version)
Mobile Phone Code:
Video Recording – Pelley – Neurobiology of Learning (Mobile Version)
Completion deadline: Prior to orientation week workshops. Please remember to notify
the Office of Admissions by reply email when you have completed this step.