TTUHSC ESP Block 1: Self-Study Activities
Unit Directions for SuccessTypes In Medical Education Book
Summary: An introduction to the significance of learning style and its influence
on how learning time is used. Insights are provided to address myths, biases, and
stereotypes. Examples and exercises illustrate the two most time efficient learning
tools in medical education: concept mapping and question analysis.
1. Download the book, SuccessTypes in Medical Education
Originally published in print form as “SuccessTypes for Medical Students: A Program
for Improving Academic Performance,” this book is no longer in print but is now available
to you free online in the updated electronic version, “SuccessTypes in Medical Education,
2. Download and complete the ESP SuccessTypes Book Study Guide at your own pace.
- The study guide is designed to focus your reading on the important points. It gives
you something to look “for.”
- It is provided as a “doc” file, instead of “pdf,” for your convenience in keyboard
recording of answer responses.
- It will help you focus on the important points to learn and will help you to use Deliberate
Practice with your learning style.
3. Associated links for use in completing the study guide:
Completion deadline: Prior to orientation week workshops. Please remember to notify
the Office of Admissions by reply email when you have completed this step.