Department of Surgery
Welcome to the Clinical Services page of the Dept of Surgery. We have many specialty and sub-specialty clinics available. The clinics are located on the 4th floor of the Texas Tech Physician Medical Pavillion at 3601 Fourth Street and in the Medical Office Plaza (MOP) on the east side of University Medical Center (UMC) on 10th and Indiana and in the Southwest Cancer Center (SWCC) on the west side of UMC.
Some things to remember before you arrive for your appointment:
- Bring your insurance card and a list of your current medications.
- Know the name of your primary care provider (PCP).
- Make sure that any referrals from your PCP have been completed.
- Payment is expected at the time of services. Most insurance companies require copays be collected. It is up to you to know what copayment for your insurance is required. These fees will be collected at the time of your visit. Cash, credit card or check will be accepted. See each clinics web page for details.
- Due to the nature of our services, our physicians may occasionally be summoned to, or delayed by, emergencies. Your patience and understanding is appreciated.
Our Patient Services Specialists (PSS) will contact you to confirm your appointment. You may ask/confirm your information at any time before your visit. We ask for 24 hours notice if you need to cancel or reschedule your visit. Please be aware that due to construction of the Marsha Sharp freeway, there may be construction delays or detours in the future. Please be sure to ask a PSS if your are from out of town to help you be prepared for your trip to our clinics.
Please remember we are a medical school and teaching hospital. This means there may be residents and medical students also interested in your care and well-being. Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation as, together, we help mold and instruct the future generation of physicians for our community.
We have listed the clinics and phone numbers on the right. Please click a clinic link to be taken to the specific clinic's web page and get more specific information about that clinic, such as insurance accepted, payment options, etc; or dial the phone number and speak to a PSS directly for answers to your questions/concerns.
Thank you again for visting us and making us your clinic of choice for your surgical care. We realize there are many services out there and we want to make your experience is as easy as possible. Any information you would like to see, or don't see, please let us know and we can try to include it.