Department of Surgery
Mission, Vision & Goals
To promote expansion and facilitate execution of clinical research in the Department of Surgery while enhancing faculty development and improving quality of patient care.
To be the premier division of clinical research in the Texas Tech University Health Sciences System.
- Increase research generated revenue dollars by 25%
- Have active trials in all subspecialty areas in the department.
- Establish collaborative clinical research projects with related departments.
- Provide formalized research education for faculty and student investigators.
- Develop a structured student research internship program.
- Facilitate working relationships between clinical and basic science faculty.