Department of Surgery
Residency Program - Benefits
The stipends for interns and residents at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
are consistent with other medical centers in the Southwest and may undergo increased
adjustments each year as appropriate. There are increments for each additional year
of approved training.
Year 2015-16 stipends:
- PGY1: 50,217.31
- PGY2: 51,856.03
- PGY3: 53,493.54
- PGY4: 55,129.86
- PGY5: 56,766.19
- PGY6: 58,404.91
- PGY7: 60,043.64
- Insurance – malpractice, health (100% paid for resident and dependents), life, dental,
vision, disability .
- Vacation (PGY 1: 2 weeks/year; PGY 2-3: 3 weeks/year; PGY 4-5: 4 weeks/year) .
- Registration fees paid for ATLS, ABLS, FCCS, FLS and PALS certification and ACLS recertification
- 2 Lab coats(including laundering) ,
- meal card,
- Subscription paid for FSC and SCORE online curriculums.
- Travel expenses paid when presenting at a conference.
- Professional Development Account.
- Free parking