TTUHSC Surgery Burn Fellowship
EDUCATIONAL CONFERENCES AND CURRICULUM
- Burn and Wound didactic lecture series.
Bi-weekly lectures or small group sessions to be given by the teaching faculty to
the fellow and the residents rotating on the burn and wound service. The topic, time
and place will be decided upon by the program director.
- General Surgery didactic lecture series.
The fellow will get information on lectures appropriate for their training including
lectures on burn, wound basic science and ICU management and are expected to participate
in those lectures and small group sessions.
- Independent studies.
Each rotation will have recommended reading material, book chapters, articles and
other material and it is expected that the attending in charge of the rotation will
assure that the fellow is studying appropriately.
- Institutional Educational Conferences
that have direct application to this specialty (vascular, basic science and trauma/ICU).
CONFERENCES & MEETINGS WITH MANDATORY PARTICIPATION BY THE BURN & WOUND FELLOW (Internal)
- Trauma and Burn Mortality and Morbidity Conference, monthly on the 2nd Friday of the
month @ 8:00 am.
- General Surgery Grand Rounds lecture series, weekly on Friday mornings @ 8:00 am.
- General Surgery Department M&M Conference, weekly on Friday mornings @ 9:00 am.
- Weekly multidisciplinary Trauma and Burn Conference, Tuesdays at noon.
- Monthly Journal Club (time and place to be announced).
- Multidisciplinary Wound Management meeting (time and place to be announced).
CONFERENCES & MEETINGS WITH MANDATORY PARTICIPATION BY THE BURN & WOUND FELLOW (External)
- The annual American Burn Association meeting (with financial support from the Department).
- The fellow will receive financial support to attend any meeting where they present
Return to Burn Fellowship