Graduate Department APRN Program
To ensure you receive all communications from us, please add TTUHSC to your email account's Safe Sender list. If you have an email account @hotmail.com, @live.com, or @outlook.com, this is especially necessary.
Click here for instructions!
Below are the main steps that will help guide you through the application process.
The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) School of Nursing MSN application has two parts:
- You will first apply within the NursingCAS system and then;
- Supplemental information will need to be submitted through the TTUHSC Merlin application system.
When filling out the NursingCAS application please note that you are only able to select one track as a designation. Applicants will not be considered for more than one track.
|Semester||Application Open||Application Deadline|
|Fall||November 1||January 15|
|Spring||May 1 of previous year||August 1 of previous year|
- Review the NursingCAS application tutorial.
- Create a NursingCAS account and begin application. You will receive a CAS ID# via email to be used when completing the TTUHSC Merlin supplemental application.
- Complete the NursingCAS application and pay the application fee*.
- Mail the transcript request form provided in the NursingCAS application to all schools attended, including TTU/TTUHSC. All transcripts are to be mailed to NursingCAS directly from the schools. Note: Transcripts from all institutions, except Texas Tech University, are required upon admission.
- Ensure that you submit three letters of recommendation via the NursingCAS system as this is required by the TTUHSC School of Nursing.
- Although NursingCAS has many sections that are listed as "Optional", it is to your advantage to include as much information as possible including any certifications you may have (i.e. BLS, ACLS, PALS, CCRN, etc.), information on any professional nursing organizations of which you may be a member, current and previous work experience (it may be helpful to upload your CV/resume to both the NursingCAS and Merlin supplemental applications). Additional tips can be found by reviewing "Tips for Successful Applications to the MSN Program".
- Be aware that NursingCAS requires the applicant to input information on all coursework that you have completed. You may want to request additional copies of your transcripts for yourself to aide in this. Because this can be a time-consuming process, do not wait until the last minute to begin your application.
- Ensure that all required application documents are recieved by the deadline. It is the responsibility of the applicant, not that of TTUHSC, to make sure that your application is complete and submitted. We will not contact you for missing items. The Merlin application will not show a status until after decisions are made and emails have been sent. Also, the checklist in Merlin will remain blank as NursingCAS will receive all documents.
- If you already have your MSN degree and are interested in applying for the post-master's certificate program, you will need to follow a different application process which is outlined on the websites for the post-master's tracks.