Traditional BSN Application Process Instructions
The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) School of Nursing Traditional Undergraduate Bachelor of Science in Nursing application has two parts:
- You will first apply within the Nursing Centralized Application Service (NCAS) and then;
- Supplemental information will need to be submitted through the TTUHSC Merlin Application system. (See Step 6)
When filling out the NCAS application please note that the TTUHSC School of Nursing has 3 campuses to choose from Lubbock, Abilene, and Odessa. If you choose to apply to multiple campuses you MUST be able and ready to go where accepted because you will only be offered admission to one campus.
Steps for the application process:
- Review NCAS application tutorial
- Create NCAS account and begin application. You will receive an NCAS ID # via email to be used when completing the TTUHSC Merlin supplemental application (Link is in Step 6).
- Complete the personal statement portion of the application because this is required by the TTUHSC School of Nursing and an application without it will not be considered.
- Complete the NCAS application and pay the $45 application fee¹.
- Download, print, complete, and mail the transcript request form provided in the NCAS application to ALL schools attended. Texas Tech University students must send the request form to TTU, as TTUHSC will not do this for you. All transcripts are to be mailed from the schools to NCAS only. Transcripts sent from students will not be accepted.
- Complete the TTUHSC Merlin supplemental application.
- Click “Start Session” on the bottom of the Merlin application page
- Select the same campus(es) you chose in NCAS and use the same email address used in NCAS
- Complete the Oath of Residency, the Board of Nursing form, and pay the $40 application fee¹
- Please send your TEAS Test transcript to Priscilla Renteria, 3601 4th Street, MS 6264, Lubbock TX 79430 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Check your application/admission status on NCAS using the same login and password you used at the time of the application.
It is your responsibility, not that of TTUHSC, to make sure that your application is complete and submitted. The submission of your application indicates you have read and understand all of the above instructions.
¹ Application fees are non-refundable and it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the correct program and campus is selected.