Application Requirements and Deadlines
To apply to the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) School of Nursing Traditional BSN program you must complete the following steps in the application process:
Steps to successfully completing the application process
(We require these steps to be completed by application close date, in order to be considered eligible for review)
- A completed and submitted NursingCAS Application (Use version 2.0)
- A completed and submitted TTUHSC Merlin Supplemental Application:
- Click "Start Session" on the bottom of Merlin application page
- Complete ALL the modules, in order to have a completed application. Be sure to click on the Application Packet Submit Module; payment of the application fee does not mean the application is submitted.
- Completion of TEAS Test, at Proficient level of 70% or higher – scores must be sent to the TTUHSC Advising/Admissions Coordinator(s) (click link for contact information).
- Official transcripts from ALL colleges attended MUST be mailed to NursingCAS, using the Transcript Request Form provided on the NursingCAS application. Transcripts from all colleges you have ever attended are required, not just the ones where you have taken prerequisites.
¹ Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by a credentialing service – Follow the link for more information pertaining to International Applicants.
² TOEFL scores should be sent to Advising/Admissions Coordinator(s), if an international student and if applicable.
Academic Admissions Requirements
- A minimum cumulative GPA of a 2.5 or higher is required to be considered for admission. All grades earned at all schools attended are calculated in the admissions grade point average.
- At time of application submission, applicants must have completed a minimum of 40 credit hours of the required non-nursing prerequisites courses (57 hours total), including completion of at least 3 of the 4 required lab-science courses: Chemistry (4 hours with lab), Human Anatomy I (4 hours with lab), Human Physiology II (4 hours with lab), Microbiology (4 hours with lab).
- Completion of TEAS Test at a Proficient level of 70% or higher.
- Letter of standing if attendance to a prior RN program.
Please note the following important points
- Review the Traditional BSN webpage for important information about RN-BSN admission requirements and degree plan.
- It is your responsibility to make sure that your application is complete and submitted in the TTUHSC Merlin System.
- Consideration for admission is only given to applicants with complete applications, meaning ALL application materials must be submitted and received by the application deadline.
- For questions about your Merlin application, contact the following Admissions and Advising Coordinators
¹ Application fees are non-refundable and it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the correct program and campus is selected.