Traditional BSN Undergraduate Program
The School of Nursing offers unique opportunities for students who are not registered nurses to receive the latest state-of-the-art nursing education. The combination of classroom and hands-on learning using patient simulators and hospital settings provides students the ability to learn skills using the most current technology. While benefiting from the expertise of outstanding faculty and the opportunity to work with other health care professionals, students receive an education that prepares them to be nursing leaders.
All campus locations (except El Paso): Upon completion of prerequisite courses, the BSN degree plan can be completed in four semesters (24 months) or 63 semester credit hours.
Students at the Abilene campus will follow this progression: Fall, Spring, Summer, and Fall with a December graduation.
Students at the Lubbock Campus will follow this progression:Fall, Spring, Fall, Spring with a May graduation.
Effective Fall 2014, students at the Permian Basin campus will follow this same progression: Fall, Spring, Summer, and Fall with a December graduation.
Current tuition information may be received by visiting www.ttuhsc.edu/son/prospective/fees.aspx or contacting Student Business Services from 8:30am-4pm CST at 806-743-7867. The estimated cost of the program can be found by going to our school catalog under financial information. Additional course fees will apply.
- Complete the Test of Essential and Academic Skills (TEAS) - (Offered by Assessment Technologies, Inc.) as an admissions criteria, at a proficient level of 70 or higher.
- Applicants in the Lubbock area may contact the Academic Testing Center on the Texas Tech campus to schedule an exam time.
- Study guides may be checked out from the Office of Student Affairs for one week.
- Applicants in other areas may:
- Check the ATI website for testing locations that allow online registration
- Contact ATI at (800) 667-7531
- Perform an internet search for "TEAS test sites"
- Exam must be taken no more than one year prior to application submission; scores that are older than 1 year will not be accepted.
- Please click on the following link to review how to register for the TEAS test at PSI. When searching for our institution it will show as: TX Tech U Traditional