MSN Family Nurse Practitioner Track
General qualities considered for all applicants are:
All applicants will be reviewed in an individual and holistic manner. No single factor will determine a student’s admission. The Department Chair and appropriate committee carefully evaluate all qualified applicants with regard to the applicants’ potential for successful completion of the track.
|Academic Admission Considerations
||Non-Academic Admission Considerations
- Valid RN License
- Personal statement
- Letters of reference (3)
- All official transcripts (excluding Texas Tech University) for the BSN degree (or MSN degree if applying for the Post Master’s Certificate)
- International students need appropriate documentation, i.e., TOEFL score
- BLS certification
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from accredited college or university with nursing program accreditation from the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or from the American Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), formerly the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC)
- Successful completion of an undergraduate research and statistics course
- 3.0 GPA or better (4.0 scale) in upper division undergraduate nursing courses.
- Ability to perform capably in positions of responsibility for self and others
- Extracurricular activities
- Professional Nursing experience
- Diversity of experience, such as study abroad, knowledge of other cultures, proficiency in other languages
- First-generation college student
- English as a second language
- Prior enrollment at Texas Tech University
- Evidence of leadership in Nursing (professional organizations, committees, etc.)
- Military service
- Permanent resident of TTUHSC service area county
The Department Chair will award credit based on the applicant’s previous academic preparation and/or competency in required courses. Deficiencies will be met by applicant’s enrollment in required courses.
Generally, credits earned at accredited colleges or universities are accepted for transfer credit when course content is equivalent. A grade below a “B” is not acceptable for transfer credit.